Ander Herrera

Martindn

@Squawka Ander Herrera scores a goal, plays a key pass or records an assist once every 60 mins in the league this season.

:worthy:

Falcao

The way he's going a National Team call up shouldn't be too far off. Like Koke, he's a Spanish 2.0 midfielder and what's needed to evolve from the great Xavi, Iniesta dominated midfield of the golden years. I think Van Gaal has helped him develop his game, he alluded to that in an interview as he's definitely now waiting for the ball more and holding position instead of constantly rushing towards it gung ho, Bielsa style.

anguy

I think Van Gaal has helped him develop his game, he alluded to that in an interview as he's definitely now waiting for the ball more and holding position instead of constantly rushing towards it gung ho, Bielsa style.

If anything LVG held him back. He was almost consider flop few months ago...

oggydude

According to the media. Herrera said Van gaal didn't like how he rushed towards the ball carelessly instead of waiting for passes.
Exactly LVG is a dictator in the sense he gives every player a specific role which have to carry and shouldn't try and do anything else, only some players like ADM/Rooney get freedom to do whatever, it suits players like Fellaini who are not all round complete footballers but very strong in certain areas, but doesn't allow players to utilise and develop other skills. Herrera initially was apparently not sticking to his role initially which caused him to be dropped, same reason why Rafael isn't playing, he loses possession to much apparently. It has improved defensively, but if it doesn't click we suffer on the attack.

S7_MUFC

Exactly LVG is a dictator in the sense he gives every player a specific role which have to carry and shouldn't try and do anything else, only some players like ADM/Rooney get freedom to do whatever, it suits players like Fellaini who are not all round complete footballers but very strong in certain areas, but doesn't allow players to utilise and develop other skills. Herrera initially was apparently not sticking to his role initially which caused him to be dropped, same reason why Rafael isn't playing, he loses possession to much apparently. It has improved defensively, but if it doesn't click we suffer on the attack.

Can you really blame him after the Leicester game? Our lineup is really weak defensively yet we rarely concede these days so LVG's positional organization is big part of that...

BenRobbins

lel. Barca have been linked with a gazillion MF and counting. Though buying any of your assets shouldn't be that much of an hassle for the Spain's big2, I think Barca can do better for this position.

Yeah true and he wouldn't a be a good fit aswell tbh.

EdmondDantes

I raised the same point on Memphis' thread; what is Van Gaal's problem with Herrera exactly? Ignored in pre-season, benched a lot last season (like Mata, who now starts almost every game) and now on the bench again.

xXKonan

I'm really one of those dudes that doesn't understand Gaal a lot when it comes to team selection.

-Using Depay as a #10 when he never played as one during his time at PSV.
-Using Mata as a winger, Despite his best Position is being a #10
-Using a Double Pivot Midfield Despite it not working very well at times.
-Using Blind as a CB as he wants a Left footed CB.

I do think United Squad is a lot better than it really is at the moment but Gaal sees Football as a "Chess" match his system Sacrifices Creativity for Defensive Measures in the Midfield and Limits player movement. It works if you're trying to Grind out Results but it leaves the attack Impotent as you can see during Today's match and Towards the end of season several months ago. United still needs a good Striker/Winger and a CB IMO. Might explain why they are going for Pedro.

Unbiased United

I'm really one of those dudes that doesn't understand Gaal a lot when it comes to team selection.

-Using Depay as a #10 when he never played as one during his time at PSV.
-Using Mata as a winger, Despite his best Position is being a #10
-Using a Double Pivot Midfield Despite it not working very well at times.
-Using Blind as a CB as he wants a Left footed CB.

I do think United Squad is a lot better than it really is at the moment but Gaal sees Football as a "Chess" match his system Sacrifices Creativity for Defensive Measures in the Midfield and Limits player movement. It works if you're trying to Grind out Results but it leaves the attack Impotent as you can see during Today's match and Towards the end of season several months ago. United still needs a good Striker/Winger and a CB IMO. Might explain why they are going for Pedro.

You're not alone. Agree with all of that.

Home of Barca Fans