Ander Herrera

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Either LVG doesn't trust him because of the game-fixing accusation he was involved in, or he just isn't part of his long-term plans (he was brought in before LVG took over, if I'm not wrong)

LvG approved the transfer. I think it's simply a matter of lack of physical presence. He is obviously a good player, but their midfield tend to get overrun when they play without Fellaini or Carrick. He won't be a starter for them until they find the right balance in midfield (which is taking longer than I expected, tbh).

LvG approved the transfer. I think it's simply a matter of lack of physical presence. He is obviously a good player, but their midfield tend to get overrun when they play without Fellaini or Carrick. He won't be a starter for them until they find the right balance in midfield (which is taking longer than I expected, tbh).

I think it's either him or Mata, and tbh Mata is their most productive player in the past 12 months.

The only good thing I can take from this is that at least he didn't go to Bayern's already stacked midfield :lol:

Martindn

Why isnt he playing more, good going forward and back especially in tight spaces, yet Fellaini is always starting who is too immobile and can only pass sideways. Fair enough hes bigger than the goalposts but we cant cross the ball. Could try him next to Fellaini if his physical presence is missed idk i just like seeing him play, not used to it in our midfield.

L

linetty

Why isnt he playing more, good going forward and back especially in tight spaces, yet Fellaini is always starting who is too immobile and can only pass sideways. Fair enough hes bigger than the goalposts but we cant cross the ball. Could try him next to Fellaini if his physical presence is missed idk i just like seeing him play, not used to it in our midfield.
Agreed. Herrera is such a quality player and LVG benches him for god knows what reason... poor managing there

maybe he saves him for the cl?

Butaan4barca

LVG is playing fellani as plan b target man. which seems to be working.

I guess LVG has started using fellani and di maria in non conventional ways to add unpredictability factor.

We saw fellani moving up to be target man, and dimaria used as forward, LVG wanted to use his pace. But surely heirara will fit it in the first 11 finally.

oggydude

Fellaini is vital to his plans, look at our stats with & without Fellaini, no surprise our wining streak & form dropped the period Fellaini was injured. Herrera should replace Mata & Rooney to play with Di Maria & Fellaini & Carrick as the central CB if continue the 3-5-2.

BenRobbins

He's average. Wouldn't make the bench for Chelsea or Arsenal.

are you sure? He would start for arsenal and would be on the bench for chelsea? Mou would love him he is like a more mobile aggressive fabregas minus the obvious stand out qualitys cesc has over him. He is a very, very similar player to oscar.

Last edited:
are you sure? He would start for arsenal and would be on the bench for chelsea? Mou would love him he is like a more mobile aggressive fabregas minus the obvious stand out qualitys cesc has over him. He is a very, very similar player to oscar.

You're joking right? Cazorla, Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil, hell even Rosicky are better than him. Don't get the Oscar comparison either.

BenRobbins

You're joking right? Cazorla, Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil, hell even Rosicky are better than him. Don't get the Oscar comparison either.

Ok thats your'e personal opinion but i know alot of arsenal fans that are of the opinions ramsey is having a terrible season, wilshere is a crock, rosicky is 34 and barely plays, ozil just doesn't turn up and influence games one bit. Cazorla i agree is better than him but he isnt really a central midfielder more of an attacking midfielder. Only wilshere and ramsey really play in the same position and i can say that its not as clear cut as you think.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Ramsey was bad before his injury, now he's getting back into form though. He's playing like he did before he started scoring for fun, which is hopefully a good sign. Rosicky has been really good whenever he's played, it is true that Wenger doesn't play him that much. And Ozil has been injured all season, he was decent today, hopefully he'll get back to Madrid form. In a vacuum all three of them should start over Herrera, on current form I'm not sure. Then again on paper Herrera should be one of the first names on the team sheet at United, but... :shrug:

BenRobbins

Ramsey was bad before his injury, now he's getting back into form though. He's playing like he did before he started scoring for fun, which is hopefully a good sign. Rosicky has been really good whenever he's played, it is true that Wenger doesn't play him that much. And Ozil has been injured all season, he was decent today, hopefully he'll get back to Madrid form. In a vacuum all three of them should start over Herrera, on current form I'm not sure. Then again on paper Herrera should be one of the first names on the team sheet at United, but... :shrug:

Its odd isn't it and i suppose i can't really say he would start over any of them as he doesn't even get game time to show if he is better/worse than any of the listed above ahah. Obviously Van Gaal does hold him in as high esteem as united fans or people who watched him regulary for bilbao.

One thing that does confuse me is why does rosicky not get more game time? He has been brilliant the last few times i have seen him. I know he is getting on but surely he can still play more...

Xanian

Fellaini is being played simply because he offers more physicality in the middle of the park than Herrera. But I do not understand why Fellaini is preferred to Herrera when United plays the 4-4-2 diamond. I mean, Afro guy then plays as a clueless right winger who cannot cross or pass or keep possession. That coupled with Valencia's one dimensional play effectively shuts down the entire United right flank.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
You know you're doing it wrong when Fellaini is decisive to the functionality of your tactics or setup. Herrera has plenty of intensity as a defensive support player and isn't weak/small either (1.82m). Honestly a midfield 3 of Herrera, Di Maria, and Blind/Carrick has a very decent net workrate and effectiveness in covering space/pressing. Then you've also got the likes of Rooney to press from the front. Dunno wtf Van Gaal is doing. There are a number of different effective lineups he could choose with his squad and he uses none of them.

Home of Barca Fans