Keylor Navas

M

Messi4life

199175.png

Full name: Keylor Antonio Navas Gamboa
Date of birth: 15 December 1986 (age 27)
Nationality: Costa Rica
Height: 1.84 m (6 ft 0 in)
Club: Levante
Playing position: Goalkeeper

During the WC, I can very well imagine that many people have opened their eyes to Keylor Navas and he's one of the main reasons why Costa Rica reached quarterfinal. But Keylor Navas had a really good season with the La Liga club Levante (who finished 10th in the table) before the tournament began.

Keylor Navas has made 160 saves under this season which is most of all goalkeepers among Europe's top five leagues according Whoscored (a site that specializes in football statistics).

On the other hand, he came 4th in the pursuit of Zamora trophy among goalkeepers in La Liga. However, keep in mind that his competitors (like Lopez, Courtois and Valdes) playing in top clubs where the trio have much better defense in front. In other words, it's really good for someone who belongs to a mid-table team.

He is simply one of the best goalies right now.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Best keeper in La Liga last season and showing his class in the WC. I hope he goes to a big club as starting GK, he deserves it.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Aren't Atletico signing him if Courtois leaves? Currently the top choice for the world cup golden glove.

It's a match made in heaven for them. They lose a keeper as amazing as Courtois to Chelsea but right when they do they have the chance to sign another one who's superb in quality and excels playing in his box behind a deep-block defense. He's cheap considering his value and has already said to the press that "it'd be an honor to replace Courtois at Atletico", essentially inviting Atleti to buy him. He's got the La Liga experience and the right skillset to be the perfect keeper for them.

sabby

It's a match made in heaven for them. They lose a keeper as amazing as Courtois to Chelsea but right when they do they have the chance to sign another one who's superb in quality and excels playing in his box behind a deep-block defense. He's cheap considering his value and has already said to the press that "it'd be an honor to replace Courtois at Atletico", essentially inviting Atleti to buy him. He's got the La Liga experience and the right skillset to be the perfect keeper for them.

That is something Atletico (and Valencia) always do. They always sell their MVPs season after season and yet keep producing one after another MVPs, hats off to their scouts and the coaching staff.

They should definitely do. His buyout is only 10m I think. That'd be a steal!

Makes you think why didn't we go for him if we really want a GK to rotate Ter Stegen with ? Not that anything wrong with Bravo. But Navas is just more talented i think.

Galning

In my opinion he is the best keeper in the world. Just not as hyped because of the team he plays for.

I

instinct

There are rumours that he's going to join Bayern Munich.

Wouldn't be a good move IMO. He deserves to be a starter in a top-club.

zanela

@OP, surely you can find a better Keylor pic. :p

In my opinion he is the best keeper in the world. Just not as hyped because of the team he plays for.

+1

MD the other day reported that Lopetegui wants him at FC Porto, and that he has a personal deal with the club. I'd hate to see him leave LL, more so to a lesser league. He deserves to be associated with the best.

M

Messi4life

Aren't Atletico signing him if Courtois leaves? Currently the top choice for the world cup golden glove.
So far it's just rumors so nothing is settled yet. But even if it were true, Chelsea must sell Petr Cech but it will not be easy when the Czech sits on a contract until 2016 and has a high salary. Beside, Courtois said himself that he does not want to be second goalkeeper for the London-team.

Home of Barca Fans