Keylor Navas

Morten

Its difficult to determine best gk, it might be Neuer but imo there is no gk that is a class above everyone else.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Its difficult to determine best gk, it might be Neuer but imo there is no gk that is a class above everyone else.

Neuer is the most complete gk there ever was, thus putting goalkeeping on another plane of existance. Certainly, he is not entirely without flaws (over-confidence in certain situations for example) or blunders, but those few easily pale against what he otherwise brings to the table. I have no idea how anyone who watches him at least occasionally can put anyone else even next to his name in the same sentence. Ofc Neuer is an entire class above the rest of the top goalkeepers as they are almost all without exception what FM2015 called "Defensive goalkeeper", while Neuer would be a "Sweeper Keeper" with "attacking" attitiude, which serves well to illustrate the apparent difference.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
Overrating Navas to the point of one of the best (and the best) GK in the world because of some few good matches and at the same time calling Courtois and De Gea "overrated" for playing at top level for several years...

lel whatever

Beast

The Observer
Neuer is a great keeper but his fuck ups are up there with Mats.. forget the Bundesliga because Bayern killed all competition
judge him in Europe .. yes he does the fancy Libero better than anyone i've seen but as a keeper he has his fuckups don't look further than RM-Bayern Munich games on top of my head

He is OF COURSE above Keylor with a good margin but frankly speaking neither him , De Gea etc are even half of what Iker & Buffon where at their best ...
For me personally i believe the current best keeper in the world is non-other than Claudio Bravo.. he is way too consistent and hard to recall a mistake he brings a lot of confidence to the Barca defense and since he joined you i hardly remember putting a foot wrong despite the fact that at Sociedad he was very average but he seemed to have matured a lot in Barca and it shows in his game

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Neuer is a great keeper but his fuck ups are up there with Mats.. forget the Bundesliga because Bayern killed all competition
judge him in Europe .. yes he does the fancy Libero better than anyone i've seen but as a keeper he has his fuckups don't look further than RM-Bayern Munich games on top of my head

He is OF COURSE above Keylor with a good margin but frankly speaking neither him , De Gea etc are even half of what Iker & Buffon where at their best ...
For me personally i believe the current best keeper in the world is non-other than Claudio Bravo.. he is way too consistent and hard to recall a mistake he brings a lot of confidence to the Barca defense and since he joined you i hardly remember putting a foot wrong despite the fact that at Sociedad he was very average but he seemed to have matured a lot in Barca and it shows in his game

Your argument doesn't make any sense at all regarding Neuer.

Bayern have "killed all competition" and thus the gk automatically becomes a gk who never has to do anything and is never threatened. Right... that's why over the past 5 years he has essentially always been in the Top 3 regarding sport magazin grades. Not to mention that contrary to your very limited perspective on his CL games, Neuer has actually been the one outstanding figure in CL games for Bayern. Usually, if Bayern concedes due to blunders, it's is because of blunders of their CBs not because of the essentially non-existent blunders of Neuer in the CL.

As for your belief of Bravo, a gk which hasn't even played in the CL, being the best and above Neuer... my father always told me for matters of belief I should go to the church. I will tell you the same.

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
Neuer has fucked up so many times Bayern in the CL .... he is too good in the BL... mistake prone in the CL ...

The blunders are not always his CB fault... he takes his libero duties way too far and over 2 games against us the last time we met he did plenty of mistakes

Bravo .. CL or not he still play in a much competitive league compared to Neuer (lately BL been a one side league ) and with Chile i barely saw him put a foot wrong since over a year and i'm one of those who laughed at Barca buying him and i'm a Madridista so i have no bias saying Bravo IMHO is the current best GK in the world

Morten

Thats nonsense, at least in Neuers case. He is easily up there consistently. It isnt as if Buffon/Casillas never made a mistake in their lifetime either.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If making mistakes, especially at a young age makes you a bad GK [MENTION=813]Beast[/MENTION]

Then Casillas is shit because he made stupid mistakes while being very experienced

Morten

DDG can stay were he is, Navas is the man.
But knowing Perez, Navas will probably be sold in the summer anyway, and ddg in.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Neuer has fucked up so many times Bayern in the CL .... he is too good in the BL... mistake prone in the CL ...

The blunders are not always his CB fault... he takes his libero duties way too far and over 2 games against us the last time we met he did plenty of mistakes

Bravo .. CL or not he still play in a much competitive league compared to Neuer (lately BL been a one side league ) and with Chile i barely saw him put a foot wrong since over a year and i'm one of those who laughed at Barca buying him and i'm a Madridista so i have no bias saying Bravo IMHO is the current best GK in the world

I've already said everything necessary to refute your "argument". Also, I'm really wondering what Bayern CL matches you have seen. I've seen every single one in the past 10 years or so, and we really must have a different definition of the word "blunder".

Morten

Neuer is the most complete gk there ever was, thus putting goalkeeping on another plane of existance. Certainly, he is not entirely without flaws (over-confidence in certain situations for example) or blunders, but those few easily pale against what he otherwise brings to the table. I have no idea how anyone who watches him at least occasionally can put anyone else even next to his name in the same sentence. Ofc Neuer is an entire class above the rest of the top goalkeepers as they are almost all without exception what FM2015 called "Defensive goalkeeper", while Neuer would be a "Sweeper Keeper" with "attacking" attitiude, which serves well to illustrate the apparent difference.

I can agree that he is in general the best gk around, but in my opinion is not "an entire class above the rest". Sure, he is the best sweeper there is, also very good at other things. But a gks job isnt typically sweeping, at the usual gk "stuff", its hard to pick one who clearly stands out.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Well, as usual, a question of how do you define xyz? You obviously define "one class" differently when it comes to gks than I do ;) No harm done.

For me, somebody who is merely a "defensive" gk, might be great as a pure gk, but he will never be as great in a quick transition attacking outfit as a Neuer would be for example. Thus, he is an entire class below in my book.

Home of Barca Fans