Matteo Darmian

XaviMessiGirl

tumblr_n7ugv4HL5a1tfp7hmo1_500.gif

Name: Matteo Darmian
Date of Birth: 2nd December 1989
Nationality: Italian
Club: Torino
Position: RB/LB, CB

Just had his breakout season and he was one of the few standout players in the Italian side this WC. We've been linked with him for a couple days now, and now that Torino reportedly show an interest in Bojan, a swap might be in order. He's a very versatile defender - he started out as a CB and later shifted to a fullback, and he can cover both sides equally.

Basically, he's an upgrade to Adriano (and certainly good enough to get more game time than him too), plus he can cover CB if needed as well.

XaviMessiGirl

I agree he could, but if Montoya is to get a look in as well there might have to be some rotation involved. Since Darmian can play 3 positions, he can still get plenty of game time.

Also depends on whether Alves leaves or not.

XaviMessiGirl

Yep, even if it's Bojan + cash, I'd do it. Torino aren't in a position to demand a ton of money either. Immobile only went for 19m (and half of that went to Juve) and he was their star forward.

XaviMessiGirl

Was trying to find a youtube compilation for people who aren't familiar with him, but couldn't really find any. Found one of his performance against England though:

F

Flavia

Being linked with Barça again... just to get my hopes up and then get them crushed :(

I think he'd be the perfect solution. He can come in the winter, when he'll be 26 years-old.

Home of Barca Fans