Round of 16: Argentina - Switzerland - Tuesday 01/07/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanela

I'm more annoyed by the pseudo ARG fans (who keep calling for x,y,z players with no knowledge about the specifics of NT's recent past), than the current performances of the boys.

PaulFCB

Banned
I think the toughest team for Argentina to face is Netherlands. If they get to the semi-finals, I believe that will be their toughest game.

Germany, France and even Brazil would be tougher to beat than the Dutch.

Alik

Germany, France and even Brazil would be tougher to beat than the Dutch.

I'm basing it more on the tactics that the teams employ. The Dutch will let Argentina have possession and hit them on the counters, just like the previous teams Argentina struggled against. Germany and France while having better teams and performances will be playing less defensively against Argentina, I believe.

jamrock

i Know gago has played well in their build up to the world cup, but south american football at the highest level. is Gago's level
he has no place in the starting XI in a competition against the world's best

Beast

The Observer
Argies will pay dearly if they insist on playing Gago , he may suit the Argentina league & the WC qualifiers but as we all saw during his stint in Europe (Real Madrid , Valencia & Roma ) he isn't suited to any high tempo , fast game.. he comes short
He is clearly the weakest link in the midfield.. how Cambiasso is not partnering Masch in the middle is beyond me

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I've never been so pissed watching a match as long as I can remember. I wanted to lose my shit and start destroying my own home. Messi &. Di Maria saves the day.

Ffs please take off gago.

For who? He has been one of their best performers and he is consistent.

It is their full backs that are poor with their width and the off form forwards. As much as Rojo is trying, he isn't exactly the world class in his overlaps.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Argies will pay dearly if they insist on playing Gago , he may suit the Argentina league & the WC qualifiers but as we all saw during his stint in Europe (Real Madrid , Valencia & Roma ) he isn't suited to any high tempo , fast game.. he comes short
He is clearly the weakest link in the midfield.. how Cambiasso is not partnering Masch in the middle is beyond me

He is not world class against European teams and his through balls are poor but have you seen the bench? He is the best there and with Higuain/Aguero/Palacio/Lavezzi all utter pants, he is the least of Argentina's worries. The full backs don't provide any width and they do not help in carrying the ball, so Di Maria/Messi have to run with it for 30-40 yards and end up outside the box or far from it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'm more annoyed by the pseudo ARG fans (who keep calling for x,y,z players with no knowledge about the specifics of NT's recent past), than the current performances of the boys.

Yeah, you must be the only real Argentina fan on this forum as well right :lol:

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona

We all know there were more deserving players especially in the defense department that were unjustly left off the squad

AURELIUS

For who? He has been one of their best performers and he is consistent.

It is their full backs that are poor with their width and the off form forwards. As much as Rojo is trying, he isn't exactly the world class in his overlaps.

Laughable. Rojo has been excellent. Just because Gago is a ex Madridista..... He has been in poor form for Boca even before his injury lay off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans