Round of 16: Germany - Algeria - Monday 30/06/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

BerkeleyBernie

Did Germany peak too early? They look out of sorts against Algeria.

To be frank, Algeria (like Chile), except for set pieces, is exactly the most difficult kind of opponent Germany can face. Good pressing, but get back behind the ball, and fast sharp counterattacking, with much better speed than Germany's high back line.

I would have favored both Germany and Algeria to beat the French; Brazil, should they get past Columbia, will not be anywhere as suffocating as Algeria was. Brazil still poses a counter threat, but won't defend or press as well as Algeria. I think both Brazil and Germany have faced their most difficult opponents in Chile and Algeria.

Last edited:

King Leo

Banned
Today's Algeria-Germany match was highlighted by the heroics of both goalies. The Algerian goalie was a beast. Too bad Algeria lost but why did they have to fast? that was stupid and I think Algeria could have done better had they not followed strict religious non-sense. They could have made up the days they missed after Ramadan or something...

Germany will lose to France because they are out of steam.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
[video]https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/3EE70865B81095512085506473984_2913a45b018.0.4.1818 3107019699440876.mp4?versionId=k4AwhWepAOY2_U1btPK Nap64f_RzRPdM[/video]

They should try it again

tikitaka

i had mixed feelings about Algeria's loss. I was hoping they win but at the same time I was happy they lost because i know their supporters can make a mess and they celebrate very aggressivly

FC B

Imo Germany went through deservedly though Algeria played very well tactially and individually up to a point.

Germany vs France will be nice to watch:xavi:

Neuer showed the world why is considered by many the best GK right now, he was a total beast!

Last edited:
L

linetty

Neuer is unbelievable! I had no words watching the match. Just pure brilliance.

utility73

Algeria's game plan might have worked out fine against Löw's afwulf tactics if it weren't for one player: Manuel Neuer. :worthy:
It was his and only his merit that Algeria could not convert any of their dangerous counters in the first half.
Sadly, for Algeria, Germany was somewhat more organized in second half and Algeria also quickly ran out of juice so they only had the option left to try to defend their goalless draw into the penalty shootouts which, obviously, had a very low chance in succeeding by then.

King Leo

Banned
Agree to disagree...

I heard they were fasting and I think that's nonsense given that they can do that later. Furthermore not sure God up there will punish those players for putting his demands aside for one day. God supposed to be cool and forgiving and I imagine is crazy about football just like us :)

tikitaka

Agree to disagree ? There is.nothing to agree about in here. Leave people religion alone and dont call it religious nonsense. Discuss things in sports level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans