Round of 16: Costa Rica - Greece - Sunday 29/06/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulFCB

Banned
Costa Ricaaaaaa all theee way!

True, Greeks should've finished it in 120 minutes, so it's their problem they didn't. I'm happy for the americans, after all they played one hour in 10 and were minutes from achieving it.

Well, I had Costa Rica in 90 minutes, so they f it up, but I also had Over 3,5 cards which worked out well.

Last edited:

ccesc

Feeling sorry for greece. But I'm happier for CRC. They were even 1 man down for 60 minutes

Darko

Would have liked Greece to progress, I think they were the better side, but hey, that's football!

PaulFCB

Banned
Also, lets not forget Costa Rica was worth an instant 2-0 as they had a clear penalty on that handball by Torosidis.

I

instinct

:lol: Did you see CR's coach before the 1-1? :lol:

Sokratis was close to the sideline and Pinto made a step towards him and moved his leg as if he wants to foul Sokratis. Gladly, he took it back but if he had done it, Greece wouldn't have scored :lol:

Galning

borges1000.jpg

Celso making us so proud!! Taking the first penalty like a baws. Amazing Costa Rica! Vamooooooos!!

Richard.H

Navas :worthy:

I thought surely Campbell would miss since he looked so dead tired in OT. Damn great penalty shootout. Some of the most world class penalties I've seen.

PaulFCB

Banned
Yeah, you do get to see such penalties from weaker teams, I always have the impression you could take a team from Romanias/Bulgarias/Serbias etc 2nd divisions and still have the 50/50 against any team at this WC.

Abeir Toril

I have never seen such offensive Greece at World Cup or European Championship. It is a pity they will probably discourage from that :lol:

PaulFCB

Banned
What were they supposed to do while 1 goal down and CR in 10?
They should've tried more in ET to seal the deal, it's their fault 100% for not going through despite the fair 50/50 on penalties.

Costa Rica has done a good job scoring first though.

L

linetty

I have never seen such offensive Greece at World Cup or European Championship. It is a pity they will probably discourage from that :lol:
What were they supposed to do against 10 men Costa Rica? Park a bus? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans