Round of 16: The Netherlands - Mexico - Sunday 29/06/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
The Netherlands: Daley Blind (Ajax), Jasper Cillessen (Ajax), Jordy Clasie (Feyenoord), Memphis Depay (PSV), Leroy Fer (Norwich City), Jonathan De Guzman (Swansea City), Klaas Jan Huntelaar (Schalke 04), Daryl Janmaat (Feyenoord), Nigel de Jong (AC Milan), Terence Kongolo (Feyenoord), Tim Krul (Newcastle United), Dirk Kuijt (Fenerbahçe), Jeremain Lens (Dinamo Kiev), Bruno Martins Indi (Feyenoord), Robin van Persie (Manchester United), Arjen Robben (Bayern München), Wesley Sneijder (Galatasaray), Joël Veltman (Ajax), Paul Verhaegh (FC Augsburg), Ron Vlaar (Aston Villa), Michel Vorm (Swansea City), Stefan de Vrij (Feyenoord), Georginio Wijnaldum (PSV).

Mexico: Jesus Corona (Cruz Azul), Guillermo Ochoa (Ajaccio), Alfredo Talavera (Toluca), Rafa Marquez (Leon), Diego Reyes (Porto), Miguel Layun (America), Paul Aguilar (America), Andres Guardado (Leverkusen), Hector Moreno (Espanyol), Francisco Rodriguez (America), Carlos Salcido (Tigres UANL), Carlos Pena (Leon), Hector Herrera (Porto), Isaac Brizuela (Toluca), Marco Fabian (Cruz Azul), Juan Carlos Medina (America), Javier Aquino (Villarreal), Jose Juan Vazquez (Leon), Javier Hernandez (Manchester United), Giovani dos Santos (Villarreal), Raul Jimenez (America), Alan Pulido (Tigres), Oribe Peralta (Santos Laguna).

Last edited:

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
wpid-valencia-1-2-acmilan.jpeg

RafaelMarquez5.jpg

barcanuck

This could be Mexico's break out game where they finally move into the elite team category. It will be high scoring me thinks.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Mexico is totally capable of upsetting this defensive Netherlands. Where the fuck did total football go?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
This might be close. I don't expect a lot of goals: it's 5-3-2 vs. 5-3-2, and those matches don't tend to be exciting. I expect us to win, though. Mexico is not better than Chile, in my opinion, and we won against Chile, although Chile had to leave gaps at the back in the later stages of the game.

FCB_M3

I can't feel ma face!
This might be close. I don't expect a lot of goals: it's 5-3-2 vs. 5-3-2, and those matches don't tend to be exciting. I expect us to win, though. Mexico is not better than Chile, in my opinion, and we won against Chile, although Chile had to leave gaps at the back in the later stages of the game.

Oh we are ;)

Mexico > Chile
But honestly I don't fear the Netherlands. I'm a bit superstitious when it come to the World Cup. Mexico have never played a 5th World Cup game, as I stated earlier.

FC B

One of the most interesting matches of the 16th round. Very excited to watch it and though I admire both squads I'd prefer Netherlands to go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans