Round of 16: Brazil - Chile - Saturday 28/06/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebc_99

I think the 1994 team was better in all spots. If Brasil makes it to he semis, and it's Germany, it could be ugly.
Germany are not that good, people have been backing them to win each tournament since 2006 and it hasn't happened and I don't think it will this time either.

BerkeleyBernie

It's impressive how well Chile win clearances in the midfield given their height. Manage to position well, good first touch, and find a teammate for outlet. You would have expected Brazil to dominate there with height in the air, but Chile still won 42% of aerial duels

Catalan Fan

Brazil could of won in normal time if they took their chances.Credit to Chile though, they fought all the way.

Fred is useless, I'd play Hulk CF after his display in the 2nd half, with Neymar playing off him.

FC B

Brasil won't go far... I can't see it. Penalties already in the round of 16, gk crying, all players looking nervous and feeling the pressure. This win may help them, or make them even more nervous.

It seems so. I think this win in the manner they obtained it will help them but I doubt too they'll go far. They'll encounter Colombia next and imo they've got to play way better than vs. Chile to have a good chances of getting through but then they'll meet Germany or France case in which I don't see them well.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Brasil won't go far... I can't see it. Penalties already in the round of 16, gk crying, all players looking nervous and feeling the pressure. This win may help them, or make them even more nervous.

They've yet to put it all together against a strong opponent but sometimes luck does play a role in winning a WC - I feel similarly about Argentina at this point...I agree though, I don't see Brasil winning it especially after seeing Colombia last night, I think the dream ends next round

Still, it was a glorious start to the knockouts, some excellent action on both ends of the pitch with both sides having chances to win it in regular time...I hate shootouts but Brasil were better overall on the day

slim boogy

I think people underestimate how good chile are and definitely overrate Germany, Holland and Argentina if they think brazil will get a smoking from any of them.

They should play hulk upfront though. Fred and Jo are a waste of time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans