FC Barcelona: Win of the youth system

khaled_a_d

We lose ton of players on yearly basis, rarely any of them became anything special.
We also sign many top prospects, and again rarely any of them become anything special.
Last truly big name player we lost was Icardi, and he would never have developed same way if he stayed. After that it was the Keita Balde, Grimaldo & Bellerin. Non of whom are truly barca level.

FinBarcelonafan

We lose ton of players on yearly basis, rarely any of them became anything special.
We also sign many top prospects, and again rarely any of them become anything special.
Last truly big name player we lost was Icardi, and he would never have developed same way if he stayed. After that it was the Keita Balde, Grimaldo & Bellerin. Non of whom are truly barca level.

Exactly. Why we can't produce anything anymore? Thank God for Fati. There's small hope.

BarçaBarça

How many of the academy players that we lost in recently have actually went on to be players that would be good players on the current squad? Grimaldo perhaps?

We will have to wait and see if any of these players turn out be any good before raising alarm bells about La Masia. Though, all the money that the Premier League clubs have more their exorbitant TV contracts does mean they have more spending power to entice the youngsters.

I don't think La Masia produce enough talent these years, and that's the problem -not that players leave to other clubs.
Grimaldo is world class according to some barcafans with an agenda, but the problem is defunding of La Masia and not strategically betting on youth through the years.

xXKonan

Every season there will at least be some half-decent group of prospects that come through we hype up only to be let down when they aren't as great as we thought.

These days people are arguing about Cucurella and Miranda and how they would be better than Firpo even though I highly doubt that. One can barely get a game for a poor Schalke side who hasn't won in 13 games and the other was moved up as an LM and only played LB in emergency situations and in systems that the Backline was protected.

I was one of those guys who rated Cucu and Miranda highly but seems like they won't make it for a team like ours (Miranda) or only be useful as a Sub further up (Cucu).

Messi983

Nils Mortimer has renewed his contract until 2023 and will be promoted to Barca B.

According to Sport another six Juvenil A players will be promoted - Arnau Tenas, Mika Marmol, Alvaro Sanz, Igor Gomes, Sergi Rosanas and Konrad de la Fuente.

Messi983

Nils Mortimer has renewed his contract until 2023 and will be promoted to Barca B.

According to Sport another six Juvenil A players will be promoted - Arnau Tenas, Mika Marmol, Alvaro Sanz, Igor Gomes, Sergi Rosanas and Konrad de la Fuente.

Tenas and Sanz have also renewed until 2023 and will be part of Barca B next season. The next one to get a new contract should be Konrad.

Messi983

Juvenil A team next season... Some nice talents in midfield and attacking positions.

EeCDOv5XgAIrUMk

Messi983

Will Ilias Akhomach be on the team full time? ANd expected to do so on bench? Weird considering "new Messi"hype from Kluivert.

He's 16. Jaume Jardi is two years older and he'l probably rotate between Barca B and Juvenil A so I expect Ilias to play a lot.

Who is considered best talent here?

Gavi (he'll only turn 16 next week and was directly promoted from Cadete A) is the most talented midfielder followed by Txus Alba, Diego Almeida the best defender (another one from that talented 2004 generation, who has jumped over Cadete B team directly to Juvenil A) though I hope Balde will make it too but from what Albert Roge said he doesn't even have a LB spot locked down and will have to compete for his minutes with Arnau Sola who I don't know much about. Of the forwards Ilias is apparently the most talented one but I'm interested what a newly signed Luzzi will bring to the team as well. If he's as good as advertised and with Barca B staying in Segunda B might not even be surprising to see him getting some minutes there if they won't find a good striker.

Nico Gonzalez and Peque are expected to be with Barca B next season but will also make a preseason with Juvenil A and could return there during the season if they won't get enough playing time with Barca B.

Latschenkiefer

It feels like I'm in the wrong film. I've seen this guy in most of the training videos in the last couple of weeks and I just can't figure out who he is. I can't recognize him from Barca B. Is he from Juvenil A or the coaching staff?

At 1:23 on the right. And no, it's not Griezmann. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans