FC Barcelona: Win of the youth system

khaled_a_d

Jos? Ram?n Alexanko is replacing Patrick Kluivert as head of the academy.
Not sure how I feel about it, I think Kluivert done well lately and was able to keep the best Barca graduates here.

Porque

No Barca blues?

No problem, a heads up that the B team are playing on Saturday this week.

First game of the next phase of Segunda B. Versus Alcoyano @ 18:00 CET.

The usual broadcasters.

Last edited:

Porque

MD suggested yesterday that he could still be part of the first teams squad on Monday. He has 4 B team yellow cards so if he picks a card up today he will ineligible for monday.

To be honest I don't really understand the logic, unless it is to lessen expectation to receive first team minutes.

From a selfish point of view I'm excited to see how he performs in the B team again, whether he imposes his game more after the first team exploits. Ilaix-Nico-Collado is an exciting midfield.

Last edited:

Messi983

Pretty strange list tbh. Including likes of Xavi Torres and Aleix Vidal (yes, he failed when we brought him back but he's done well for Sevilla and I'd say he's acutally had the best career from all the players mentioned) that high on the list but failed to mention Gai Assulin, Iago Falque, G2S etc who were all hyped as the next coming of who knows who early in their careers.

I think they are a bit harsh on Isaac Cuenca. His career was just ruined by injuries. Could probably had a similar career path than someone like Tello if he'd stay healthy. So not succeding at the top level but being a solid mid-table La Liga player for most of his career which is far from bad.

Probably the same could be said about Muniesa who I think could do as much if not better than Bartra (who for some reason is also not mentioned as one of the disappointments even though he got a lot more chances here than other players) if his career wasn't ruined by injuries.

And while I've never rated Montoya that high no young RB coming through our ranks at that time would stand any chance to make it at the club with Alves ahead of him. He should've been loaned out when he was 20 and see how he'd develop playing regularly instead of sitting on the bench for 3-4 years. Still almost impossible he'd make it here but would improve his chances for a better career outside of Barca.

Video title is also misleading. Those are far from the 10 worst La Masia graduates. There are many players most if not all of us never heard of because they've played their whole careers in Segunda B or even lower leagues who are worse than metioned players. And all players in the video (except Babangida) are from the last 10-15 years. Like the club didn't exist before.

Bobo32

https://barcauniversal.com/best-starting-xi-of-ex-la-masia-players/
La-Masia-Line-Up-Best-1024x658.jpg

This eleven would be of at least EL-winning quality.
You can add Morey, Rafinha, Tello, Munir and surely a few more to get a bit of good squad depth.
And Messi, Busquets, Pique, Alba, Roberto to raise the quality a bit more still...

That's a good base of "Pavones" that should make it easy to buy the one or two "Zidanes" that would be needed to be clear CL favourites.

Porque

I don't know if he counts as La Masia but there is Rodri who is starting midfielder at Lazio too.

Also Pedro and Charles Perez of Roma.

Bobo32

I don't know if he counts as La Masia but there is Rodri who is starting midfielder at Lazio too.

Also Pedro and Charles Perez of Roma.

True.
I am not aware of Rodri... But Luis Alberto had a season in Barcelona B I see, he is quite good from what I understand...
Pedro and Perez, good calls. Of course there are Miranda and Alena for example, too, and Mingueza, Fati, Araujo and so on...

A shame that la masia has such a bad reputation right now, if Barcelona were limited to just their own players, I'd argue they'd perform even better for the last 10 years, but they have kept on buying mediocre players from the outside instead.

Porque

Ah yes Luis Alberto is the one. Got his name completely wrong. There was a Rodri too at that time but no idea where he ended up. He played a bit in LaLiga though.

When you think of the millions wasted from 2015 or so, we could have definitely counted more on the LaMasia players to fill the gaps. But alot of the departures are looking better in hindsight as the overall level of the squad has diminished.

Bobo32

Ah yes Luis Alberto is the one. Got his name completely wrong. There was a Rodri too at that time but no idea where he ended up. He played a bit in LaLiga though.

When you think of the millions wasted from 2015 or so, we could have definitely counted more on the LaMasia players to fill the gaps. But alot of the departures are looking better in hindsight as the overall level of the squad has diminished.

Ah ok!
I think it will really be more clear after Messi (and Busquets as well) retires what a wasted opportunity the last 10 years have been for the club. I really think they'd perform better than they did if they had spent 0m over the last 10 years. I dont know how many 100m they spent... I am not saying they should've spent 0, but had they been competent, and built the squad sensibly, building on the philosophy that seem to still be in la masia and that Pep brought to the senior team, I think they should've been favourites for CL every year since 2009.

BBZ8800

https://barcauniversal.com/best-starting-xi-of-ex-la-masia-players/
View attachment 8909

This eleven would be of at least EL-winning quality.
You can add Morey, Rafinha, Tello, Munir and surely a few more to get a bit of good squad depth.
And Messi, Busquets, Pique, Alba, Roberto to raise the quality a bit more still...

That's a good base of "Pavones" that should make it easy to buy the one or two "Zidanes" that would be needed to be clear CL favourites.

How could that team win anything when at least 3 out of 4 defenders can't defend?

Messi983

Luis Alberto has only played here one season on loan from Sevilla before they've sold him to Liverpool in 2013. I consider him as a Sevilla youth product.

Home of Barca Fans