FC Barcelona: Win of the youth system

FC433

Little bit help counting the talentd players that we have so far U23.
Here is what I have got:

GK: Tenas
LB: Firpo - Cucurella - Miranda
LCB:
RCB: Todibo - Araújo - Mbuyamba
RB:Moussa Wagué - Emerson
CDM: FDJ - Busquets - Orellana
CM: Arthur - Puig - Monchu
CAM: Aleñá - Collado - Nico González - Pedri - Moriba
LW: Fati
CF: Ruiz
RW: Dembélé - Konrad de la Fuente

Did I miss anyone?

raki

Here is what I have got:

LCB:

Did I miss anyone?

Ruiz is gonna be sold.

FC433

^
true, but we can get him back quite easily, unlike Perez.

Note: I do not think that these are Barcelona-level just yet, but I think they are good enough to play in the top 5 leagues, from Barca to Toulouse FC/ Iniesta-level to Tello-level.

raki

^
true, but we can get him back quite easily, unlike Perez.

Note: I do not think that these are Barcelona-level just yet, but I think they are good enough to play in the top 5 leagues, from Barca to Toulouse FC/ Iniesta-level to Tello-level.

Or at least sell some of them for good amounts.

I rate a few of them in Barça 1st team material. Starters ou very useful role players

Orellana, Konrad, Wague do not make the cut. Some are too young to tell.

FC433

^
definitely. In fact, I would sell almost 80% of them with a buyback option. Collado and Moncho should have left last summer and Miranda should have loaned at the start of the summer to have a proper pre-season.

Look at Madrid and how they are handling their youth. We are keeping our players way too long.

Messi983

Here is what I have got:

LCB:

Did I miss anyone?

Pena, Cuenca, Akieme and Hiroki could all play in a top 5 league in not too distant future imo.

Messi983

Barcelona have taken over the services of Dani Rodr?guez, a 14-year-old cadet midfielder of Real Sociedad. Rodr?guez is said to be one of La Real's jewels. [noticias de guipuzkuoa via md]

Andresito

Staff member
Barcelona have taken over the services of Dani Rodr?guez, a 14-year-old cadet midfielder of Real Sociedad. Rodr?guez is said to be one of La Real's jewels. [noticias de guipuzkuoa via md]

We'll come back to this in 5 years to see what kind of 'jewel' he is. :)

Messi983

Marc Jurado will not stay at Barcelona. SPORT have learned that the right back is heading to Manchester United, rejecting Barcelona's offer of a contract extension.

Never heard about him but can't keep players who don't want to stay.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ration-players-happening-famous-La-Masia.html

What is going on? It can't be just us losing young talent and cantera players due to the lack of opportunities (one can argue that we are probably worse than some clubs in terms of giving youngster chances), I'd think other clubs, especially those with a very strong academy such as Ajax, us, Real Madrid and Lyon etc. would suffer the same fate. What is the root cause of us losing these young players? Poor management? Young players increasingly demanding for more overall (both money and first team chances)?

JamDav1982

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ration-players-happening-famous-La-Masia.html

What is going on? It can't be just us losing young talent and cantera players due to the lack of opportunities (one can argue that we are probably worse than some clubs in terms of giving youngster chances), I'd think other clubs, especially those with a very strong academy such as Ajax, us, Real Madrid and Lyon etc. would suffer the same fate. What is the root cause of us losing these young players? Poor management? Young players increasingly demanding for more overall (both money and first team chances)?

Barca are not losing the best young players they are keeping majority of them in past few years.

Xavi Simons was not as highly rated as his team mates.

Jurado it seems is a good player but the top players from his team are staying.

Mbuyamba Barca dont want to offer three year extension to.

xXKonan

Xavi Simons at one point was considered a highly rated prospect within the youth setup and was pretty big on the popularity aspect especially on Instagram, But that was several years ago. Since then we had other talents his age that came through with him basically surpass him in terms of talent and potential.

When he decided to leave I was like it ain't worth fighting over because while still talented he wasn't the cream of the crop anymore like he was several years ago.

Sailor Mars

How many of the academy players that we lost in recently have actually went on to be players that would be good players on the current squad? Grimaldo perhaps?

We will have to wait and see if any of these players turn out be any good before raising alarm bells about La Masia. Though, all the money that the Premier League clubs have more their exorbitant TV contracts does mean they have more spending power to entice the youngsters.

Home of Barca Fans