FC Barcelona: Win of the youth system

SwiftGuyver

Im working atm on a study were i compare the youth division of VfB Stuttgart with Barcas one

But i cant find a lot about the structure in the la masia. So could anybody tell me how it is built? Who is the boss? Is there a Coordinator? who decides what? so all in all how the family tree is built and the area of activity of every important worker (so you mustnt tell me the function of a coach ;) )

It would be nice if someone could answer my questions :)

Wenger?

iookram

Im working atm on a study were i compare the youth division of VfB Stuttgart with Barcas one

But i cant find a lot about the structure in the la masia. So could anybody tell me how it is built? Who is the boss? Is there a Coordinator? who decides what? so all in all how the family tree is built and the area of activity of every important worker (so you mustnt tell me the function of a coach ;) )

It would be nice if someone could answer my questions :)

I remember there being a link(somewhere on the forum) to a good article on La Masia.

Sorry that that doesn't help much.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Check fcbarcelona.cat (the official site).
All youth teams are there (football -> youth football) as well as the staff.

From the organigram:
Board member responsible for youth football: Jordi Mestre
Sporting Director of youth football: Guillermo Amor
Co-ordinator for the area of youth football: Albert Puig

Then there's the FCB Escola... And the Samuel Eto'o foundation... And FCB Juniors Lujan (or something) in Argentina...

You'll have to do the research, though :)

Marc

tumblr_llq06uDvmF1qij4gj.jpg

Future.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Looks like they're on the verge of something great...

pretty scary considering that so many important figures for la masia have left during the last couple of years.

.... still seems like there's too many training sessions in the UK

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
It's all about implementing at an early stage the ideals for a strategy which hopefully can come to fruition.

A lot of hard work has been put into it, Rafa started the process, and it now seems we have a foundation to build upon.

Barcafan 2304

It's all about implementing at an early stage the ideals for a strategy which hopefully can come to fruition.

A lot of hard work has been put into it, Rafa started the process, and it now seems we have a foundation to build upon.

Best of luck with it, Liverpool have gone down the right track here.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
And when you look at it the number isn't even that flattering for Barca as most of home-growns are part of regular first eleven (Valdes, Puyol, Pique, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Messi...) whereas most "outsiders" are bench players.
This Barca could have 3/4 of homegrowns easily

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
And when you look at it the number isn't even that flattering for Barca as most of home-growns are part of regular first eleven (Valdes, Puyol, Pique, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Messi...) whereas most "outsiders" are bench players.
This Barca could have 3/4 of homegrowns easily

Yeah, that's a somewhat staggering fact. I think most of the fans are so accustomed to that, that they hardly think about it. It is an immense privilege and honour to have such good players. If, say, someone would claim that this is how our team would look now, back in 2001 - he would had probably been a laughingstock.

This should almost be PTC-worthy ;)

Koma

I just hope this is not some kind of BOOM in our youth, I mean every club has some good generation of homegrown talents and after them they go back to buying. Even Manchester United and Liverpool had god sides with homegrown talent but that was just one good generation.
The likes of Ajax, Sporting and West Ham should be blueprint for Barca. They have long history in production of talented players and they put allot of emphasis on that.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Wilson over at The Telegraph or Guardian, I believe, wrote a piece about how Spain could go on to dominate world football for the next decade based on Barca & Spain's youth side's success

Yugi

TV3 just had this at the Hattrick Barca programme:

tumblr_lqgu5tn7yr1qjhdkxo2_500.jpg

tumblr_lqgu5tn7yr1qjhdkxo3_500.jpg

tumblr_lqgu5tn7yr1qjhdkxo4_500.jpg

tumblr_lqgu5tn7yr1qjhdkxo5_r1_500.jpg

I agree with everything but, where the fuck is Espinosa and Muniesa :S

Home of Barca Fans