FC Barcelona: Win of the youth system

raki

Jon Toral, who left Barça with Bellerin to Arsenal in 2011, was elected the best player in the English Championship (2nd divison). He´s loaned to Birmingham from Arsenal. He has 1 year left in his contract.

Ronnie10

MK Dons are gaining reputation of being one of the best academies. Don't be surprised if they are able to trash Barca's golden generation of Cadet B.

J

Jamie Cal

I'm watching Spain's under 17's in the semi against England right now. Few Juvenil players playing, but the one to note is Jordi Mboula from the Juvenil B, having an absolutely terrible game. Abel Ruiz and Oriol Busquets and Inaki Pena all playing well.

Edit: Spain won 1-0. When they went one nil up they went quite defensive and rode their luck a bit, but did have quite a few chances too. Pena made some good saves. I thought Ruiz was really good, linked really well and looked selfless throughtout.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I'm watching Spain's under 17's in the semi against England right now. Few Juvenil players playing, but the one to note is Jordi Mboula from the Juvenil B, having an absolutely terrible game. Abel Ruiz and Oriol Busquets and Inaki Pena all playing well.

Edit: Spain won 1-0. When they went one nil up they went quite defensive and rode their luck a bit, but did have quite a few chances too. Pena made some good saves. I thought Ruiz was really good, linked really well and looked selfless throughtout.

Quarter ,will play Germany in Semi on Wednesday
Jordi Mboula was actually really good from the comments I read about the group stage ,may be just a bad game .though I don't think of him highly tbf

navidjaan

Not just a few. Five Barça players started. Iñaki Peña, Chumi, Oriol Busquets, Jordi Mboula and Abel Ruiz. All played well except Mboula, who did great vs Holland and Serbia, but not so much vs Italy and England.

J

Jamie Cal

Not just a few. Five Barça players started. Iñaki Peña, Chumi, Oriol Busquets, Jordi Mboula and Abel Ruiz. All played well except Mboula, who did great vs Holland and Serbia, but not so much vs Italy and England.

Oh I didn't realize Chumi too. Khaled is right about a guy can have a bad game, but Mboula was flat-out terrible in it. Looks very selfish.

MessiDinho10

Mboula is a dangerous player at youth level but I don't think he'll be more than the average winger in professional football. His bad games are just too bad, a team is basically playing with ten men. I don't think he's got what it takes in tight spaces either.

J

Jamie Cal

Watched the second half of the semi with Germany just now. Spain came from 1-0 down to win 2-1.

Mboula had a much better game; he seems to be a bit of a one trick pony in that he tries to get the ball to the sideline and take his man on, but he was much more effective. He won a penalty but missed it himself.

Pena made some good saves, looks a good player. Ruiz' link up and movement was great too, and scored the 1-1. Busquets was the star, though, looked like he could fill in for his namesake. Don't have much to say about Chumi.

On the whole it was a great game, really enjoyable. Final against Portugal next Sunday.

raki

Mboula was great.

Portugal has some players that Barça could try to "steal". José Gomes to begin with. What a striker. Dalot, the RB is a train on that side. The LB is also awesome. Tthe keeper is a Iceman.

Iif i had to choose only 1: Gomes.

navidjaan

Mboula was great.

Portugal has some players that Barça could try to "steal". José Gomes to begin with. What a striker. Dalot, the RB is a train on that side. The LB is also awesome. Tthe keeper is a Iceman.

Iif i had to choose only 1: Gomes.

La Masia doesn't need more talented strikers, though. There's like one top talent for every team at the moment. In this age group: Abel Ruiz.

Home of Barca Fans