FC Barcelona: Win of the youth system

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
It's not the best anymore imo, we have lost too many quality people under this board who know what their doing when it comes to developing youth players.

Amir Natkho seems very prolific as an attacking midfielder(?), good to see.

Which academy is better?

MessiDinho10

Which academy is better?

It's hard to say really, it depends on a lot of factors and not all of them are football related. La Masia could still be the best for all I know, but it has regressed a lot in a short time and therefore doesn't feel like the best anymore, to me that is.

I would say Ajax have a shot at having the best youth academy, although Feyenoord's youth setup has been voted as the best in the Netherlands for the past years. Personally I don't rate Feyenoord higher than Ajax though.

khoazany

It's hard to say really, it depends on a lot of factors and not all of them are football related. La Masia could still be the best for all I know, but it has regressed a lot in a short time and therefore doesn't feel like the best anymore, to me that is.

I would say Ajax have a shot at having the best youth academy, although Feyenoord's youth setup has been voted as the best in the Netherlands for the past years. Personally I don't rate Feyenoord higher than Ajax though.

Ajax is better IMO.What they have currently at 18-19 years old all the way down to 13-14 years old is insane not to mention many good talents already poached by other clubs.

jklz

Lol just realized it's you on reddit. You're doing great work man, it's not easy to keep up with the youth teams.

Hehe thanks, no idea who you are on Reddit though. There's no linetty there!

Anyway I updated the Thread again, but for the lazy:

Juvenil A 3-0 Palamos (Aitor, Amir (2))
Juvenil A 1-0 Adelaide United (Aitor Cantalapiedra)

Infantil A 4-0 Atletic Bisbalenc (Nico, Sergi Rosanas, Adria Bernabé and 4th unknown)
Infantil A 3-0 FC Volendam (Nils Mortimer, Sergi Rosanas, own goal)

Alevin A 9-0 Sydney Olympic (Pau Sanchéz Blanco, Victor Muñoz Villanueva, Gabriel Martinez (2), Xavi Simons (2), Hugo Garcia (2) and Marc Angles Sanchez.)
Alevin A 12-0 FC L'Escala

MessiDinho10

Ajax is better IMO.What they have currently at 18-19 years old all the way down to 13-14 years old is insane not to mention many good talents already poached by other clubs.

They lost some great players who just turned 16 a while back, like Dilrosun and Fosu-Mensah (this guy is the definition of beast, very strong and also technically quite good) who left for the Premier League. Although some left, the academy is stacked with talent. I think Nouri and Van de Beek will be knocking on the door next season, and Cerny as well. Those three could reach Barcelona/Bayern level if they develop well. Then there's older guys like Bazoer, Riedenwald, Tete, Menig and Muric who are better known and also very talented, I see them becoming starting players for teams like Liverpool and. Ajax A1 (Juvenil A in Spain), with Nouri et cetera, is unbelievable. Such a shame they were knocked out by Roma in the UEFA Youth League. They play the kind of football Barça's Juvenil A should be playing, a pity that we don't have as much quality in the team.

The talent in the Netherlands goes beyond Ajax though, other clubs are doing well in that aspect too. Barcelona should keep a better eye on the Eredivisie from now on, there are talents coming through who would fit our style of play.

jklz

Ayoub assist for Aitor's goal

AltruisticHonorableBellfrog.gif

jklz

Why isn't Lee playing with Juvenil A ?

I have absolutely no idea. Doesn't make sense. Takefusa Kubo was registered to play with Infantil A, but he's not there because he already left for Japan.

Than again, Paik and Jang are also not registered for Juvenil A.

jklz

Ayoub dribble + fantastic nutmeg

FatherlyRectangularIberianemeraldlizard.gif

Moha run, great chip unlucky not to score; but then Amir does in fantastic fashion:

UnawareBaggyBobwhite.gif

khoazany

Personally hope to see a final between Man United (my supporting club) and Barca for Alevin A group (is it what you call for the U12s group?I keep forgetting the name).By no other reason than to watch both teams live.;)

Ayoub looks good in that Juvenil A match.Hopefully will see more of him in next season's UEFA Youth League.

They lost some great players who just turned 16 a while back, like Dilrosun and Fosu-Mensah (this guy is the definition of beast, very strong and also technically quite good) who left for the Premier League

Personally I think that will be the new trend.Know that Donyell Malen from their U16s group (a striker who plays up his age group for Holland) is quite keen to move next season and obviously Nunnely was targeted by most of British big clubs.From their younger group Castillo seems to be regarded as a "hot property" as well.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans