FC Barcelona: Win of the youth system

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Graphic form Catalan press showing how many youth products are playing in top European clubs. (youth players are highlighted).

It`s unreal how much Barca is far ahead of other clubs. Even if we take out Pedro and Bojan out, we`d have Iniesta and Messi in. Amazing!

F

FCB_Titi_LB

On what is this based? John O Shea came to manu when he was 17
Pedro came to Barca when he was 17

yet Pedro is marked as youth product and O shea not?

When they post an article like that to glote...they better have their facts straight because readers laugh in their face...and u know how they are...they find 1 mistake and they deny the whole thing being defensive.

It's nice they posted it but they should be sure its all correct
If even i knew about O shea it must be a big mistake...i dont follow it that much really

Nothing wrong being a critic. ..

what would be interesting is to see at which age all our players joined barcelona,which teams in barca they played in by year
that would be telling us so much because what if players came late at barca...(at bigger age) then we just bought them like madrid does.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Difference is: Pedro played for our Barca Atletic before he was promoted to FC Barcelona 1st team. And even if you still want to be so strict, as far as I can tell that`s 1 mistake in 132 players that they made in their review. It changes nothing or little really. They were trying to make a point of Barca having by far the best youth system and they are right. I also think other fans tend to disregard how exactly Barca is different than the rest so imo. it`s always nice to have these things published every once in a while.

TheMessiShow

First post in a really long time ( its because i have barely been at home the past month) anyways, it is nice seeing this comparison. I think a team which should also be on there is Bayern Munich, who IMO have one of the better youth academies as of recent

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Anyone know the terms of a 'youth contract' to join Barca's academy?...I know that technically speaking, Barca can't sign players under 18 to professional contracts but what terms are there when they bring them to the academy?

Antimilan

Difference is: Pedro played for our Barca Atletic before he was promoted to FC Barcelona 1st team. And even if you still want to be so strict, as far as I can tell that`s 1 mistake in 132 players that they made in their review. It changes nothing or little really. They were trying to make a point of Barca having by far the best youth system and they are right. I also think other fans tend to disregard how exactly Barca is different than the rest so imo. it`s always nice to have these things published every once in a while.

Well according to that, Perroti should be considered a Cantera then. He in fact made it from the B team. Then is Capel.. who played almost all matches during the last season. So now we have 3 youths from Sevilla. However, Barca still has the best youths in the world, no doubt. But as Titi said, those who wrote this, should get their facts straight before someone even sues them for writing nonsense.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Who will sue them, Cantera check police? :lol:
If someone wants to be that pedant then there is another thing to consider. The paper omitted the Word's best player from that graphic. They could have easily put :messi: there instead of Pedro. It would look even better.
So if anything; The newspaper actually took away from Cantera.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Who will sue them, Cantera check police? :lol:
If someone wants to be that pedant then there is another thing to consider. The paper omitted the Word's best player from that graphic. They could have easily put :messi: there instead of Pedro. It would look even better.
So if anything; The newspaper actually took away from Cantera.

they didn't put messi in there because it was the team we played in the opening league game of the season (I think) and messi wasn't in it. likewise every other team listed was the lineup they used on the opening game of the season.

R

Rich

Schweinsteiger, Badstuber and Lahm were Bayern youth products too yet aren't named as such.

Kinda Lazy Journalism.

jamrock

19 Barca players have been selected for the futbol draft 2010.
Its Basically a list of all the best young Spanish players in each position, Awards are given out on a bronze to gold basis, Muniesa won the Gold award for best young defender last year, the likes of Ramos,Pique and cesc have won this award in the past.

RB: Dalmau & montoya
LB:planas & Ayala
CB: Muniesa,Bartra,Fontas,Botia,Campabadal
DM: Oriol & Sergi Roberto
CM: Rafa & Calvet Planellas
AM: Thiago
LW: Carmona,DEULOFEU, Espinosa
CF: Bojan & Rochina.

Its starts from a pool of 132 players, which is then darfted two to 33, from which the best 3 in each position are selected.

Home of Barca Fans