FC Barcelona: Win of the youth system

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
1353889474010.jpg

Theconomist

Now if only none of these players cost us transfer fees :p

We should have better filtering systems for the players we allow to leave and we should hold on to our best players.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
RM has 8 players? I can only think of Casillas, Adán, and Callejon on top of my mind... But maybe they count Varane, Ramos, Higuain and Marcelo too?

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
RM has 8 players? I can only think of Casillas, Adán, and Callejon on top of my mind... But maybe they count Varane, Ramos, Higuain and Marcelo too?

Arbeloa, Nacho, Morata (even though he's initially an Atleti youth), José Rodriguez and Denis Cheryshev are the ones I think are counted.

Varane's a Lens youth, Ramos Sevilla, Higuin River Plate and Marcelo's Fluminese.

X

xaviniesta

according to note 2, you are considered as club youth when you, lets say, play in the club at the age 18-21??i think it's pretty nonsense.

yahudi

according to note 2, you are considered as club youth when you, lets say, play in the club at the age 18-21??i think it's pretty nonsense.

While tecnically not "youth" anymore, those years might be actually the most important in a player's development. The transition from youth to professional football is the biggest gap for a player to bridge in his enitre career.

X

xaviniesta

While tecnically not "youth" anymore, those years might be actually the most important in a player's development. The transition from youth to professional football is the biggest gap for a player to bridge in his enitre career.

if you were saying mentally i'd agree. but the biggest development in terms of how you see the game comes definately when you are younger. betweed 18-21 there are other things like can you take the pressure, do you have the patience, do you have the character to make it trough etc.

yahudi

Yes and no.

While the individual basic skills (speed, technique, positioning) are already there at the age of 18, there is yet a huge step to make. At this stage of development, players learn to utilize their skills to the maximum success and cover their deficits. This happens mainly through experience and tactical development. Even in a club with a strong philosophy through all the youth levels, the tactical adjustments to the grown-up football are enormous. Plus the mental issue you have already mentioned.

Home of Barca Fans