José Giménez

Paul

If his contract expires in 2018, unless he renews, we should secure him in January for free, but we should be there first for something like this or else Chelsea, United or even rma will be there to take him.

Truthist

We would be the last club to

1. Monitor his contract situation.
2. Be proactive and make a move before the rest of the pack.

Only when he makes a splash on social media will we contemplate buying him.

BarçaBarça

He was hot stuff a few years back, but he doesn't fit the classic barca-profile and has stagnated a bit.

That said, 0€ for his level of quality might be worth a chance, and we should definitely consider him if prices on young centerbacks continue to skyrocket - like 35M for Lindelof/40M for Sanchez/55M for Stones etc. He has been in Spain for about 4 years, so could soon be nationalized as well.

Xaviniesta

I remember him being good last season...and then i think he got injured and hasn't played much since? not sure

Nothanks

always amazes me how small Uruguay with a population of 3.5m still manages to bring up stars in comparison with usa's 330m population or china's 1.3 bilion

Donatello

always amazes me how small Uruguay with a population of 3.5m still manages to bring up stars in comparison with usa's 330m population

Indian and china combined are around 2.7 billion. Still none of them have produced even a single star. Its all demographics, some sports are played more, which some are played lesser.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
always amazes me how small Uruguay with a population of 3.5m still manages to bring up stars in comparison with usa's 330m population or china's 1.3 bilion

Luis Suarez and Edinson Cavani were born a month apart in Salto, a city with the population of 100.000.

Just a fun fact.

Riordon

In the midst of all that talk about Konate and De Ligt (whom I have always thought to be overhyped), lets not forget this guy. He has been a starter for 3-4 years in the best defence in Europe and still just 24, just great.

I wanted him two years ago when his contract was running out and when he first renewed and the release clause was 60m. Last year when we kept chasing De Ligt, I wanted his partner L.Hernandez for 80m but Bayern acted fast. Now he is doing fantastic in Bayern while Juve fans are literally bashing De Ligt.

Gimenez and L.Hernandez - the two best u24 CB's around. If we somehow can get him and partner him with Konate....

Home of Barca Fans