I

instinct

A-Gimenez_300.jpg

Date of Birth: 20.01.1995 (19)
Nationality: Uruguay
Club: Atletico Madrid
Height: 1.83m
Position: Centre back

Was pretty impressed of him yesterday. I think he deserves an own thread. Could be a great player in the future.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I think Simeone will start giving him some more opportunities next season like in the CDR and Liga games vs. the likes of Eibar and Cordoba. If Alderweireld leaves, he'll be first deputy for Godin and Miranda/Musacchio (the latter being linked to replace the Brazilian if he leaves to United).

He's talented and has some great mentors within the team (Cholo, Daddy-Godin). It'll be interesting to keep track of his development.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I think Simeone will start giving him some more opportunities next season like in the CDR and Liga games vs. the likes of Eibar and Cordoba. If Alderweireld leaves, he'll be first deputy for Godin and Miranda/Musacchio (the latter being linked to replace the Brazilian if he leaves to United).

He's talented and has some great mentors within the team (Cholo, Daddy-Godin). It'll be interesting to keep track of his development.

Why can't we get him instead of chansing after Marcos!!!

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He was one of the best players in his first liga start against Espanyol. Awesome in defense and assisted Mario's goal with a header (won 4 aerial duels total in the match). With Miranda's crappy form right now, it's a great chance to groom him for a starting position in the near future (likewise for Saul and maybe Oblak who deserves another chance).

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Had a great goal today (his first in La Liga) and has been fantastic in the past several games he's played due to Miranda's injury. Has a solid understanding with Godin and is progressing at a commendable rate for both club and country. 3rd best CB prospect in la liga after Varane and Laporte and still the youngest of the 3. Being at Atleti gives him an advantage to turn into a world class defender.

He really should be playing more since Miranda has been making hilarious errors every other game now. Miranda does offer a great goal threat on set pieces but its looking like Giménez does too with the goal today and the wrongly disallowed one vs. Hospitalet (plus he wins several of his aerial duels both in defense and on set pieces).

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Quite a talented player. Been good and solid whenever I've watched him play.

I hope one of our bright defensive prospects don't get screwed over by bad management. I want our board out ASAP.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Promising player. I love watching him defend. He is certainly better than Miranda at the moment.

Andrew M

Could both he and Varane be the best young CBs in world football?

Can't think of any others off the top of my head who might be better

khaled_a_d

Could both he and Varane be the best young CBs in world football?

Can't think of any others off the top of my head who might be better

Right now probably ,Laporte is the only other hyped CB at that age that I can think of
for CB it usually takes the most time to reach high level and be able to play in top level so there isn't a lot of CBs as good in that age

Home of Barca Fans