Would you sign Luis Suarez?

• Yes

Votes: 78 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 89 53.3%

• Total voters

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
The only real rule-breaker in our team is Neymar, Busquets hasn't dived for ages, Alves and Mascherano just make stupid fouls, Alexis doesn't really dive anymore... And Neymar doesn't actually dive too often, he exaggerates contact every time but there almost always is a foul on him. Even if that was not the case, he'd still be pretty far away from Suarez in terms of being a cheater.

V

voodoomaster

The only real rule-breaker in our team is Neymar, Busquets hasn't dived for ages, Alves and Mascherano just make stupid fouls, Alexis doesn't really dive anymore... And Neymar doesn't actually dive too often, he exaggerates contact every time but there almost always is a foul on him. Even if that was not the case, he'd still be pretty far away from Suarez in terms of being a cheater.

1. I dont agree. Alves dives, he exaggerates and hold on his wrong foot after fouls(its cheating and he does it regurarly). Masch dives(see vs real - when cr7 is through masch makes a smart move:), I know I have the burden of proof but I cant start to find matches(I love masch though). Neymar is obvious, he also looks like hi is dead a few second and then suddenly everything is ok. Alexis isnt that constant in his acting, but he does it. And its all a part of the game. Its modern cynical football.

And even if you dont agree your point(?) is complety irrelevant because nobody would argue about this: "You dont win matches if you dont cheat a bit: Faking injuries, talking with the ref, say its your throw in when you know its the oppositions, diving, we see cheating every minute of the game.". Every team cheats all the time. Madrid, Barca, Atletico, chelsea, psg.......

Stop riding the high horse, there are no saints in barca. You can start to compare of course, if that makes you feel better: Suarez is worse than.......But it dosent really matter, football players are cheaters, so is suarez. Maybe it makes you feel good not buying him, barca has values and so on........But why is it then ok to cheat every week? For years? Get a grip and understand that we should buy suarez if he can make barca a brilliant team. Thats the question.

footyfan

Calma, calma
1. I dont agree. Alves dives, he exaggerates and hold on his wrong foot after fouls(its cheating and he does it regurarly). Masch dives(see vs real - when cr7 is through masch makes a smart move:), I know I have the burden of proof but I cant start to find matches(I love masch though). Neymar is obvious, he also looks like hi is dead a few second and then suddenly everything is ok. Alexis isnt that constant in his acting, but he does it. And its all a part of the game. Its modern cynical football.

And even if you dont agree your point(?) is complety irrelevant because nobody would argue about this: "You dont win matches if you dont cheat a bit: Faking injuries, talking with the ref, say its your throw in when you know its the oppositions, diving, we see cheating every minute of the game.". Every team cheats all the time. Madrid, Barca, Atletico, chelsea, psg.......

Stop riding the high horse, there are no saints in barca. You can start to compare of course, if that makes you feel better: Suarez is worse than.......But it dosent really matter, football players are cheaters, so is suarez. Maybe it makes you feel good not buying him, barca has values and so on........But why is it then ok to cheat every week? For years? Get a grip and understand that we should buy suarez if he can make barca a brilliant team. Thats the question.

There's different levels of cheating though, and you can't fault humans for not thinking in a black-and-white manner. Fixing a game is also cheating, but that would be a real deal-breaker, not just because you could get caught but just the moral implications of it. Everyone has their tipping point at different levels, the most one can really do is argue their position.

I definitely want Suarez at Barca if he's the only top-level striker available. Very willing to sell Alexis if that's what it takes to get this deal done.

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
Suarez work rate is fine to be fair. Nobody can question his commitment, he's also a better finisher and dribbler than Alexis.

Alexis Sanchez plays a different role at barca yet coming from the bench he's bagged 21 goals and 15 assists I wonder what he'd have gotten had he been starting every game.Suarez is good, agreed, I'm not disputing that, but in terms of what we actually need this guy is not the answer. We all need to wake up and smell the molasses here year after year we continue to sign players we don't need and neglecting to strengthen where we're often found wanting. Why can't we splash 80mil on 2 world class defenders? No instead we're spending that wonga on a guy who won't be able to play till October. Genius like I said before Zubi needs to be given an enima with blunt instrument..

jairzinho

Alexis Sanchez plays a different role at barca yet coming from the bench he's bagged 21 goals and 15 assists I wonder what he'd have gotten had he been starting every game.Suarez is good, agreed, I'm not disputing that, but in terms of what we actually need this guy is not the answer. We all need to wake up and smell the molasses here year after year we continue to sign players we don't need and neglecting to strengthen where we're often found wanting. Why can't we splash 80mil on 2 world class defenders? No instead we're spending that wonga on a guy who won't be able to play till October. Genius like I said before Zubi needs to be given an enima with blunt instrument..

+10000

MagIX

+10000 once again

Hamzah

High Definition Member
The likes of Hummels and Silva aren't for sale no matter what we offer. This leaves us with the likes of Marquinhos who we won't pay 60m for unless we are stupid. So with our big budget it means we can get Suarez and the best cbs available and still be within budget, especially with our sales.

Just because we happen to buy Suarez at this early stage doesn't mean we are ignoring the defence this year.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
The likes of Hummels and Silva aren't for sale no matter what we offer. This leaves us with the likes of Marquinhos who we won't pay 60m for unless we are stupid. So with our big budget it means we can get Suarez and the best cbs available and still be within budget, especially with our sales.

Just because we happen to buy Suarez at this early stage doesn't mean we are ignoring the defence this year.

slow-clap-gif.gif

Cules 96

We should sign him,because he is great player,very dangerous in attack for any defense. He could be our Gereth Bale which bring RM 2 titles last season.

Alarcón

We have 120m available for transfers (actually, our funds our basically endless, but that's the boundary that the board have set). We sold Fàbregas and bought a replacement for him for 15m less and we'll sell Alexis and some squad players (Song, Tello, Afellay etc.) for another 70. Even if Suárez costs 100m we'll still have more than enough money for a quality CB (>40m), probably even 2. I just calculated a scenario in which we buy 2 top class defenders (both 40m), Cuadrado (30m) and even another midfielder for 35m and I'm standing at -160m. Money is not an issue and believe me, if they're lowballing on quality CB's now they would have done that without Suárez as well.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Yup. People thinking that the Suarez signing means we aren't going to get quality defenders is just foolish.
There is plenty of money to throw around :zubi:

Guardian

I like Suarez and he will be an excellent signing, he's top quality.

While we are on the subject, may I also suggest Carlos Zuniga as Alves replacement on the right back? Zuniga is fast and Neymar will be safe next time. It would be nice to see how Zuniga rubs his knee in Bale's face.
I also advise Barca's management to sign Nigel de Jong. He's solid and Xabi Alonso shits his pants every time when he sees him. Another kung-fu kick in the chest may be refreshing for Alonso's recent sleepy mood.
It would be also a nice idea to bring Harald Schumacher with Ter Stegen as a goakeeper's coach. Wouldn't be surprised if he kicks some frenchie's nose (Benzema is shaking I bet) in the next game.
With Suarez signing I believe that Chielini would be even more convinced to join Barcelona after that love bite. Plus Chiellini is from that typical Mediterranean cheating bastards, he would be perfect Pique's partner. The other option in defense is John Terry, however, I wouldn't like to see Shakira pregnant again.

Trickykid

While we are on the subject, may I also suggest Carlos Zuniga as Alves replacement on the right back? Zuniga is fast and Neymar will be safe next time. It would be nice to see how Zuniga rubs his knee in Bale's face.
I also advise Barca's management to sign Nigel de Jong. He's solid and Xabi Alonso shits his pants every time when he sees him. Another kung-fu kick in the chest may be refreshing for Alonso's recent sleepy mood.
It would be also a nice idea to bring Harald Schumacher with Ter Stegen as a goakeeper's coach. Wouldn't be surprised if he kicks some frenchie's nose (Benzema is shaking I bet) in the next game.
With Suarez signing I believe that Chielini would be even more convinced to join Barcelona after that love bite. Plus Chiellini is from that typical Mediterranean cheating bastards, he would be perfect Pique's partner. The other option in defense is John Terry, however, I wouldn't like to see Shakira pregnant again.

It took me an embarrasingly long time to catch the sarcasm here :(

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma

fek u mate... where have u been???

Home of Barca Fans