Memphis Depay

Vilarrubi

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&#55358;&#56705; <a href="https://twitter.com/Memphis?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Memphis</a> is our new no.10! &#55357;&#56628;&#55357;&#56629; <a href="https://t.co/HlnO973RNM">pic.twitter.com/HlnO973RNM</a></p>— OL English &#55356;&#56812;&#55356;&#56807; (@OL_English) <a href="https://twitter.com/OL_English/status/1307005301472796672?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 18, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Stunning.

Incredible! So that means this must be our new number 9:

luis-suarez-fc-barcelona-media-access-5d271be0f9c6ec292a000001.jpg

.blitzer

For 25-30m, it would be a good purchase, based on market value alone.
But I don't think we need him or it fits this system.

clemente

We have no money... Suarez so unfit nobody would even take him for free, which would open up the 25m that could fund Depay purchase...

Messi983

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has set a Friday deadline for any departures from the Ligue 1 club amid talk about Memphis Depay and Houssem Aouar.

Depay has been heavily linked with a move to Barcelona, while Aouar is reportedly a target for Arsenal.

But while the transfer window closes on October 5, Aulas wants any departures from Lyon to be confirmed by Friday.

"I believe that we will tell the players that for everything that will not be settled in terms of departure before Friday, there will be no departure," he told Telefoot on Monday.

mc_lovin

Lyon would accept bids of around 25ME for Memphis Depay. They would also accept 12.5ME now and the rest paid in installments later on. [l'equipe]

He would be incredible value for money. I still hope he joins, going into the season without a #9 looks kind of frightening (even if Depay is more of a 9.5).

Raketa10

Lyon would accept bids of around 25ME for Memphis Depay. They would also accept 12.5ME now and the rest paid in installments later on. [l'equipe]

He would be incredible value for money. I still hope he joins, going into the season without a #9 looks kind of frightening (even if Depay is more of a 9.5).

Offer them 15 mil + Braith-something guy

Vilarrubi

Great deal if true. Another deal with instalments like the Dest deal.

malvolio

I don't see how this makes any sense if you want Fati to progress.

It doesn't. We are better off with bringing in a pure striker for more tactical variaton. Messi at ST or false 9 will bite us in the ass against good teams.

El Gato

Villarato!
Has to play central if you want to use him at all so these 2, or a #10 behind striker, are the only choice. Otherwise sell.

But Depay will want an assurance he plays a significant amount of minutes cutting into Fati's pitch time too much. So either loan Fati so he plays regularly or you'll end up using him like Real are using Vinicius. Which isn't ideal for his own progress.

Unless Koeman is happy benching Depay when kicks up a fuss over being displaced by an 18 year old. Which most coaches wouldn't go for.

khaled_a_d

I really don't want him.
I think for the time being we are set in attack, let's see what we have in those guys a d complete our cleanup next year

Batistuta9

I really don't want him.
I think for the time being we are set in attack, let's see what we have in those guys a d complete our cleanup next year

Yeah, I don't want him as well. The only reason why we are interested is because he'll be cheap. We should be okay in attack. Maybe a player with a similar profile to giroud for parked buses would be useful.

Home of Barca Fans