Memphis Depay

Bertus

Or i most probably am very confused and might be mistaken for liverpool. You are most likely to be right.

It has been a long day at work. :lol:

There's that tweet:

[tw]596347774779695105[/tw]

But no one knows if it's true unless PSG publically talks about it. The thing is, it never happens unless it's Barcelona trying to get one of their players :rofl1: . Usually PSG lets the medias close to them to spread informations.

You have two versions:

- PSV saying they had an agreement with PSG, that MU then came to counter it 48H ago etc etc.
- PSG via Le_Parisien saying PSV just used the PSG name to force a quick transfer to MU.

Up to you to believe what you want. But case is, Le_Parisien said depay wasn't a real PSG's target on monday at noon, so way before those supposed last 48H ;)

BenRobbins

There's that tweet:

[tw]596347774779695105[/tw]

But no one knows if it's true unless PSG publically talks about it. The thing is, it never happens unless it's Barcelona trying to get one of their players :rofl1: . Usually PSG lets the medias close to them to spread informations.

You have two versions:

- PSV saying they had an agreement with PSG, that MU then came to counter it 48H ago etc etc.
- PSG via Le_Parisien saying PSV just used the PSG name to force a quick transfer to MU.

Up to you to believe what you want. But case is, Le_Parisien said depay wasn't a real PSG's target on monday at noon, so way before those supposed last 48H ;)

Yeah i would probably trust Le_Parisien more.

Sometimes its best not to listen to what Directors of football clubs say because they can be so sneaky, tend to tell a lot of fibs in an attempt to get as much money as possible for their respective clubs.

Bertus

Depay just explained himself why he chose MU over Liverpool. Not even once he talkd or hinted at any agreement he had with PSG.

So he had an agreement 100% sure with PSG, ready to leave for Paris soon, but now it's as if it never existed, but let's talk about Liverpool :rofl1:

My opinion: Brands is really full of sh*t :rofl1:

MaxY

Devil May Cry
I'm looking forward to seeing this guy play in the EPL. He reminds of me of CR7 in his young days.

BenRobbins

How much will he earn at United ? anyone got the details of his contract ?

It's all been kept really quiet so nobody really knows the fee or wages. In holland they reckon it is cheaper than what their english counter parts believe and there has been no mention of wages yet either. I imagine he probably will be on around the 60-80k mark however.

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
It's all been kept really quiet so nobody really knows the fee or wages. In holland they reckon it is cheaper than what their english counter parts believe and there has been no mention of wages yet either. I imagine he probably will be on around the 60-80k mark however.

hmmmm

Jair Ventura

According to reports Man U swooped in at the last moment before PSG could close the deal. This coincides with Dutch medias who've reported that Memphis interest in PSG picked up, and that'd he'd begun seriously considering the club enough to even travel to Paris and meet with club officials.

Jair Ventura

Van Gaal explains why he's signing Depay
Louis van Gaal has admitted he pushed through Manchester United's move for Memphis Depay because PSG were closing in on the PSV Eindhoven star.

The French side were also keen on the exciting prospect but the United boss was determined to be reunited with a player who impressed at the World Cup for the Netherlands under his tutelage.

"He's a goalscoring winger and there aren't so many of them in the world," van Gaal revealed to MUTV. "[Lionel] Messi is one of those but now I think we have to talk about the game against Crystal Palace and we have to focus on this and the coming three games. That's more important.

"I was forced to handle [the situation] as a manager because, otherwise, he was going to PSG, that's why I had to sign him and we've done it within one day. But, for us, it's better to focus on the game against Palace."

Although keen to finalise his transfer business quickly, van Gaal reiterated that United's hand was forced on this occasion with three games still to go with the deal set up to be concluded at a later date.

"I want to do this [make signings] early but it's not always possible," he added. "When there's a chance, to you have handle that and manage it directly and that was the case. I want to purchase players after our season and not during the season because it disturbs our concentration for the match."

Great job, Paris. Now go waste a bunch of money on your "priorities" Pogba and Di Maria.

Last edited:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
LMAO Rodgers is now trying to say Liverpool were never in for Depay. You ain't fooling nobody dude, you failed.

Martindn

According to reports Man U swooped in at the last moment before PSG could close the deal. This coincides with Dutch medias who've reported that Memphis interest in PSG picked up, and that'd he'd begun seriously considering the club enough to even travel to Paris and meet with club officials.

He would have seriously considered Accrington stanley if his alternative was Anfield :lol:

red dragon2

Scored a 35 yarder free-kick today :wub:

So glad we got him! Can't wait till pre-season to watch him in a United shirt.

The pressure may be too much for the kid, it took hazard a while to really show his best form at chelsea. I hope the fans and the media give depay room and time to grow.

Home of Barca Fans