Romania

PaulFCB

Banned
Well, nothing very interesting for Barca's level but I just want to share some inside things for others to see how dirty football can be sometimes.

As some might know, Romania's golden days of the 90's have long past. Players like Hagi ( real mandril, Barca, Galatasaray ), Popescu ( PSV, Barca, Galatasaray ) Petrescu ( Chelsea ), Raducioiu ( Dinamo, AC Milan, Brescia, West Ham, Espanol, Stuttgart, Monaco ), Ilie Dumitrescu ( Tottenham, Sevilla, West Ham ) and others are long gone.
1990 - Last 16
1992 - Not qualified
1994 - Quarterfinals
1996 - Group Stage
1998 - Last 16
2000 - Quarterfinals

No more games like with Argentina at the 90 and 94 World Cup, England in 98 and 2000 or others.

As you may know, Romania only has 4 points after half of the games played in this qualifying stage for WC 2010.
Our ex-coach, Victor Piturca, knew he became unwanted after a very bad Euro when Romania played EXACTLY like Chelsea on Nou Camp with France and Italy while The Netherlands ( already qualified ) that we beat in the qualifying were simply letting us true for attack so we can win. Piturca adopted the same defensive play and we simply couldn't go for it. :smiley_scared:
Oh, well after this everybody was talking about he's dismissal from the NT. After that he simply adopted a no-mans tactic. No ideas, pressure on the rivals etc. Everything reached the summit when after losing to Serbia in a game where the tactic was the high ball seeing Serbia's defenders were almost all of them over 1,90 and a defensive tactic with a DM ( Razvan Cocis ) who actually is a AM or even a striker. Our CB was a CM who likes to attack a lot also :worthy:.
After that in the game with Serbia, it was clear he won't remain at the NT so to be kicked out and not to sign himself he simply put a humiliating team in the game with Austria and after calling up a good player like Maximilian Nicu from Hertha Berlin who was a Romanian, german born who fought some times to get his citizenship and playing him only 3-4 minutes!
The reason he did all this was so he can receive 500.000 euro's from the Federation if he is kicked out. So just get a idea how much of a disaster there is. I'm not saying that since he has been named manager, he took players at the NT by taking bribe from club leaders so he can promote them: Banel Nicolita, Ovidiu Petre and others from Steaua Bucharest's president who recently was in jail for a few weeks.
Now I hope with the new manager Romania will come back up and qualify for the Euro in 2012, maybe a dream game with Spain we missed after the game with The Netherlands in the group stage after Romania is still the last team to beat Spain, 1-0 in Cadiz.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
The last time Scotland played Romania was in..... 2004 in a friendly at Hampden. I was at the game. Romania won 2-1 but Scotland were bad under Vogts. Romania qualified ahead of Netherlands at Euro 2008 so they can't be that bad. Getting beat 3-0 at home to Lithuania was pretty bad but.

Guardian

My favourite Romanian player from the current team is Dorin Goian from Steaua, very good centre back, I heard that Martin O'neil, the manager of Aston Villa is interested in his signing him. I also have good impressions of Florin Petre, who was one of best players in Bulgarian league, short but very skilful, and Eugen Trika, who was top scorer in the league.

PaulFCB, btw which is your favourite local team, Rapid, Dinamo or Steaua? I personally have soft spot for Rapid Bucuresti.

I personally think that Romanian NT has a bright future, you need to get rid of Piturca (btw his son played for CSKA sofia and was such a joke) and find a better coach, because the coach is the most important thing at this level, look what has Hiddink done with Korea, Australia and Russia.

PaulFCB

Banned
Well, in Romania for a couple of years there was a clear "civil" but soft voice movement to bring a foreign manager but this has always been lost after promises from the leaders in the moment the reigning coach has been dismissed.
For now, Razvan Lucescu, ex-Rapid Bucharest and now at FC Brasov has been named. IMO the best option after his father, Mircea from Saktior. He managed to bring Rapid to the last 8 in the UEFA Cup only to be eliminated in a unlucky double with then, weaker Steaua ( Rapid managed to beat Steaua at home 2-0 a few weeks after the encounter ). He might also be a bit defensive but has a better tactical view then Piturca.
My local team is Dinamo Bucharest and yes, Goian has a lot of strong offers from England or Germany but the president from Steaua is a guy with non sense and asked big sums of money for him and Radoi. For example Radoi had offers but didn't let him go, now after some years lost he just went to Saudi Arabia to play over there.
About our league this year, Dinamo is 1st with 2 points over new-comers Unirea Urziceni ( a town a few km away from Bucharest ) and 3 over FC Timisoara, a team from the 2nd most important city in Romania and 10 over Steaua and CFR Cluj. Rapid is now very bad mostly because the president refuses to pay the players all the money ( even for they're homes ) and even though they're team was very promising and I considered them favorites in the summer, they always melted 4-5 games after the start of the games in the summer and now after the winter break.
On Friday the game Steaua-Dinamo is going to be played, witch is like BARCA-Madrid in Spain, CSKA-Levski in Bulgaria our local El Clasico ;).

L

lesley26

Salut Paul! Ma bucur sa intalnesc pe altcineva din Romania pe aici :)
I don't really support my national team, but I'm happy if they win something!

PaulFCB

Banned
Salut Lesley :).

All I can say is that I do support our national team but I can't fully support the situation that we have been passing true for so many years now. I hope Razvan can help us a bring back a bit of that spirit of the 90's that slowly faded away after that 2nd leg with Slovenia in 2001.

D

Dytza

No more Romanians posting here? I'm glad I saw some Romanians here too!

beef-supreme

[YOUTUBE]jRx5PrAlUdY[/YOUTUBE]

Yes, I know they're Moldovan, but they're based in Bucharest I think!

Last edited:
D

Dytza

haha :D yeah I know they're very popular with that song. Too bad they aren't singing in this formula anymore. The curly haired guy called Dan Balan launched a new song.

[youtube]bT86Kiy5AlU[/youtube]

Sorry for offtopic :D

beef-supreme

:lol: That is both an interesting video and an interesting song... It definitely does prove though that the guy can't sing :p

Guardian

[YOUTUBE]iQsrYFpDvxk[/YOUTUBE]
How could you forget Yarabi?
It was a huge hit with its elvish lyrics taken from Lord of the rings

beef-supreme

[YOUTUBE]iQsrYFpDvxk[/YOUTUBE]
How could you forget Yarabi?
It was a huge hit with its elvish lyrics taken from Lord of the rings

Goddamnit that's an effing masterpiece!!!!!!!! :worthy::worthy::worthy:
I mean, the guy's facial expression, it's always the same when he sings, so passionate, so forceful, so moving...

SmilerBam

Bumping this as romanian...we are so shit,actually in the year the thread was made,we had players like Mutu,Chivu,Rat...now we have shit.

Home of Barca Fans