Do you think that Barcelona will let Alexis go this summer?

macleod

He play very good for Chile,but last season in Barca was bad for him.If Barca buy attacking player,maybe he will be sold.

Mitchell1978

I'm not convinced Neymar-Messi-Sanchez are really that suited to get the best out of eachother. If we do get a more traditional 9 and we get a really good offer for him then it might be worth considering.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
If Alexis is going to go, a better player would need to come in...If Suarez was that player, I'd be happy with the change

L

linetty

He play very good for Chile,but last season in Barca was bad for him.If Barca buy attacking player,maybe he will be sold.
He won't be sold. No legit reason to let him go.

I'd only sell him if he was included in a deal for Suarez.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
You will change your mind once he has a month of poor performances for Barca.

Doesn't everyone in BF? freak out>player reduced to shit in matter of seconds>sell immediately to first bidder, is BFs anthem
Anyway, 40 M? Alexis after WC is worth more than 40 and Barca doesn't do good business as a rule (thanks Zubi) so no we should keep him by any means.

serghei

If Alexis is going to go, a better player would need to come in...If Suarez was that player, I'd be happy with the change

Agreed, but any other player except Suarez might be a downgrade IMO. Especially since Alexis is only 25.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Agreed, but any other player except Suarez might be a downgrade IMO. Especially since Alexis is only 25.

Any player except Suarez is a downgrade?? Now that's fanboyism! Alexis has never been as effective for Barca as he's been for Chile. Unless Lucho has some masterplan to get the better off Alexis he is no way as almighty as you make out of him. Higuain, Aguero, Reus, Gotze, Robben, Ribery all an upgrade to him.

serghei

No, it's not fanboyism, it's a reality. Proven by the numbers from last season. Alexis beat all those guys in terms of goals, assists and workrate.

Higuain - he's a striker, not a winger
Aguero - problems with injuries
Reus - around Alexis' level
Gotze - inferior player
Robben - too old, not an improvement.
Ribery - past his best.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
Let's just agree to disagree. Once the season starts and Alexis is still here we will see how right you are about him.

serghei

Let's just agree to disagree. Once the season starts and Alexis is still here we will see how right you are about him.

You have enough proof to at least admit you were wrong about him, but here you are still claiming he isn't great. He is world class, and I can give you many facts and numbers to sustain that claim. Except I already did.

Btw, this is a post of mine from august 2013:

As for Alexis's first season, I'm happy with how he played. However, this season, I want at least 18 goals from him, preferably when it counts most.

He scored 19 times in the league, and many of those goals were very important for us. Like the ones vs Sevilla, both home and away, or the golazos vs Madrid and Atletico.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans