Divock Origi

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Damn, was going to say, sell Lukaku sign this guy. Liverpool going to have a tonne of epic strikers.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
This guy is the real deal.
You say that now, but as soon as he's praised as the best thing since sliced bread you'll say he's overrated and you won't like him like you don't like most players who are overrated. :p And the Belgium squad. Haw haw.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Hehe he's got you there Galning ;)

Seems the fee is around £6m-10m depending on who says what! But Lille will have him on loan for the 14/15 season which seems like the sweetener for them to accept the deal. Also it is good for his development to stay for another year, get some games under his belt and comes here more prepared.

Still I wonder if other clubs will come in late to try and get him.

Galning

You say that now, but as soon as he's praised as the best thing since sliced bread you'll say he's overrated and you won't like him like you don't like most players who are overrated. :p And the Belgium squad. Haw haw.

Lukaku has always been overrated though, especially by the people who want him at Barça. This World Cup has shown how bad he is in tight spaces with his back towards the goal. He will never be Drogba.
Origi is a lot more talented than him too :p At least, in my opinion. But yeah once he plays in the EPL the Belgian media will start calling him the new Van Persie after his first goal which will annoy the shite out of me :(

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Well Lille would be very smart to hold off on a deal until Belgium's WC is finished. What if he starts matches in the KO rounds and absolutely flourishes for Belgium and helps them to a semi final spot? I wouldn't be selling yet. They could get 15m if they wait.
Lukaku has always been overrated though, especially by the people who want him at Barça. This World Cup has shown how bad he is in tight spaces with his back towards the goal. He will never be Drogba.
Origi is a lot more talented than him too :p At least, in my opinion. But yeah once he plays in the EPL the Belgian media will start calling him the new Van Persie after his first goal which will annoy the shite out of me :(
Don't get me wrong I'm not defending anyone that you've bagged out(maybe except Hazard), especially not Lukaku right now, but we all know your habits haha. :p But I agree Origi looks the goods, hopefully he has a good head on his shoulders and goes from strength to strength. He should start.

Galning

I don't think he'll start, Wilmots is a bit of a weirdo. He deserves it though and I hope he does. I'm not sure if they'd be able to get 15M for him. It wasn't until late in the season that he started to feature consistently for Lille. It's all going so fast for him.. that said he wouldn't be the first guy to emerge at a World Cup resulting in a high transfer fee.

Who else have I called overrated besides Hazard & Lukaku? :p I've always rated Courtois, just find the hype annoying but he can't help that of course, hehe. From what I've seen and heard in interviews so far Origi is awesome but that's mostly the case with youngsters who come into the spotlight. They're still green behind the ears. Lukaku was the same when he started playing in Anderlecht's first team. Time will tell if he turns into a bigheaded, cliché one liner spitting footballer. His dad is a top lad though so I don't think he'll be one of those guys, he has proper guidance.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I still wonder if Lukaku will push through a departure from Chelsea. Only ever read from one article that was on many sites about him leaving. He still deosn't have what it takes to lead the Chelsea line, and I don't see him being able to for a number of years, which he won't have the patience to wait for. I wonder if we're still his favourite team now. :lol:

Anyway back to Origi, I hope he doesn't go to Liverpool.

Piqué

I've seen both of them play a lot in the youth teams, and Lukaku was very much the bigger/better talent. Some people seem to forget he has only just turned 21. The difference between Lukaku and Origi is just 2 years, but Lukaku has already played 5 years of professional football, been topscorer in Belgium, good seasons with Brom & Everton.

He had always been very underestimated because his ballhandling is not great (which is true off course), but people seem to forget about his pace, strengt, heigth. The boy is an absolute beast for a team that plays more on the counter attack. So true, he is totally not suited for a team like Barcelona.

Origi is doing a terrific job for the moment, but he has only been a substitute these past 3 games. Let's judge him after he has to start against a defence at 100%, and not 80% in the second half.

He definitely should stay at Lille next season though, and be a star there before going to a bigger league/club.

Wouterinho

I've seen both of them play a lot in the youth teams, and Lukaku was very much the bigger/better talent. Some people seem to forget he has only just turned 21. The difference between Lukaku and Origi is just 2 years, but Lukaku has already played 5 years of professional football, been topscorer in Belgium, good seasons with Brom & Everton.

He had always been very underestimated because his ballhandling is not great (which is true off course), but people seem to forget about his pace, strengt, heigth. The boy is an absolute beast for a team that plays more on the counter attack. So true, he is totally not suited for a team like Barcelona.

Origi is doing a terrific job for the moment, but he has only been a substitute these past 3 games. Let's judge him after he has to start against a defence at 100%, and not 80% in the second half.

He definitely should stay at Lille next season though, and be a star there before going to a bigger league/club.
A rare realist about the situation, couldn't agree more with you.
Belgian press has this annoying tendency to overhype players and Origi is the latest example.
Lukaku is gonna be a world beater, but he'll probably never be a technically refined player.
Origi still has a lot of work on hand but he certainly is talented.

Galning

Belgian press has this annoying tendency to overhype players

2pt5fyr.gif

So effin' true.

Barca_070

Damn, what a player he is, i am impressed, did not score, but he has everything to be a top 5-striker in a few years. Only 19 years too.

Home of Barca Fans