If Xavi really leaves, what would you do?

If Xavi really leaves, what would you do?

• Total voters

Paganinisrvnge

Its very good, but Its sad he cant be manager. He has charisma, authority, knows the game and the players. Maybe in some years when lucho is gone we Will see xavi leads us with Barca football, not tata football. If xavi had coached instead of playing this season we would have won the treble easily.

Xavi would start himself every single match until he got hurt if he were a player coach. Xavi is very intelligent but I think he needs to see football outside of Barcelona if he is going to be a successful coach in the future. He's too entrenched in Tiki-taka and sometimes that can be a bad thing(look at Pep). It's important to know different ways of being successful.

BerkeleyBernie

No feckin' clue. You have to assume the tactics will be built around Messi. With him in CF/False 9 playing it the way he wants to play it, it really doesn't matter who else is on the field, the results are going to be exactly the same as last year- teams will bunker down, and Barça will try to grind out results.

If Messi is moved behind a striker, then his lack of defensive contribution will have to be compensated. It's not really Iniesta's forté either, so where the hell would he play? Probably best Iniesta leave Barça now as well, and move to a team where he'll fit.

For the time being, Barça is stuck with trying to work Neymar and Messi (and Iniesta) into the same team. I haven't got a clue how Lucho can make that work, and, unless Barça signs a top striker, I suspect Barça won't win much of anything until the NeyMessi era is over.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
So we had Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas and Thiago just last season, undoubtedly the best midfield in the world and now only Iniesta left from that four :(.

From what I read all these names are not available or only available for insane money, nevertheless I would go for Kroos, he has already played for Pep, so he knows how things are in Barca :)

Last edited:

hardyboy

I'll sit in a corner and cry. He was so magical. I've never seen a midfielder as perfect as him. Why can't we let him retire at Barca??offcourse he must be wanting to retire here at his childhood club to which he has given so much..Sometimes i feel loyalty is so overrated..In the race of winning trophies we forget what our legends has done for the club and how we should repay them..

Home of Barca Fans