Alexis Role Next Season at Barca

Alexis Role Next Season for Barca?

• Total voters

serghei

BARCA_MADRID.jpg

Something like this.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I said it before and will say it again 4-1-2-1-2 should be our main formation with forward bombing fullbacks instead of touchline wingers providing the width while Alexis and Neymar are the RS and LS with Messi as CAM

serghei

I said it before and will say it again 4-1-2-1-2 should be our main formation with forward bombing fullbacks instead of touchline wingers providing the width while Alexis and Neymar are the RS and LS with Messi as CAM

Messi won't be a CAM in the actual sense of the word. He would still be a false 9, sometimes playing in the position of a CAM, sometimes in a position of a striker, depending on the dinamic of the play. A CAM doesn't score 40+ goals a season.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Barcelona doesn't need a winger to hug the line. That has been the most problematic tactic for us this season, the idea that having two wingers very close to the sidelines might actually help us unlock teams. Id didn't help us and will not helps us in the future, because from the wing, the most realistical thing to do is to cross. And crossing to 1.70m guys isn't particularly helpful, is it? We are the most dangerous in the center, not on the wings. What I would do is instruct both Neymar and Alexis to play closer to Messi, leaving the wings to be covered by the fullbacks, and only when those fullbacks have plenty of space to use.

Why are you answering to something I never said. The way Barca played last season is a way they have never played recently and not the way they need to play. They played as if they had a conventional CF and conventional wide wingers, when what they have is a false 9 and creative wingers/WAM.
When I say the role Barca need, is that they need wide forwards instead of wingers or other types of wide players. Because they have a false 9 in the middle and not a conventional CF, they need their wide attacking players to be wide forwards that push forward and centrally and act as wide CF when Messi drops deeper. This is how Barca is at its best. They need the Henrys and Eto'os type of forwards. Those agile and technical enough to play wide, but still possessing great CF skills.

Alexis is simply not this, Neymar either for that matter, at least not yet. They are more creative types than clinical forwards. Barca need to shuffle their lineup a bit because they just currently don't have wide forward types in their roster.

Alexis also as the furthest player on goal is IMO not ideal. He will get lost in the shuffle and get closed out by defenses. Get him deeper, on the ball early to allow for his creativity and allow him to make runs into the box from deep to confuse the defense.

Alarcón

We don't need to change our style to unlock Alexis, we have to change it to unlock everyone. The way we've played the past 2 seasons, last season in particular, has nothing to do with how we played under Guardiola and everyone suffered from those "tactics". serghei's pictures show very well the difference between Guardiola's Barça and the current Barça.

serghei

Well, you have your opinion, but the facts show Neymar and Alexis are beasts when played more centrally. That's why they look immense for their national teams, they are used properly.

serghei

Don't buy Aguero. Just change the god damn tactic and use the players we're they feel comfortable. If we have to buy something, that's defenders, not attackers. A good coach can play Neymar, Messi and Alexis in a way in which they could all shine. A mediocre coach can't do that. I think it's time to accept that managers are important. That's why a lot of things depend on Enrique and his ability as a coach.

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Don't buy Aguero. Just change the god damn tactic. If we have to buy something, that's defenders, not attackers.

I know I am just kidding, but 3-3-4 is played in Barca for god knows how long, I don't think Lucho will try to change that.

serghei

He doesn't need to change the 4-3-3. Guardiola also used to play a 4-3-3, but the arrangement of the players within the system was different. I'm not against the 4-3-3, but I am against spreading the three attacking players on the entire width of the field, and thus destroying any possible triangulation between them.

Basically, for example, a Neymar-Alexis combination in the build-up phase of the attack is impossible when we are facing parked buses, because there are 50 metres and a dozen of other players separating them.

This is still a 4-3-3 at it's core IMO.

4_3_3.jpg

Last edited:
I

instinct

1018365_FC_Barcelona.jpg

The forwards should change their positions more often in this formation which means that Alexis can also switch with Messi or Neymar to have a dynamic and flexible forward line.

Home of Barca Fans