Pick Your Greatest World Cup XI BBC

AURELIUS

What is your all time eleven ? This list is fraught with errors and some notable omissions as well as excluding some of the greatest players who never made it to the finals such as Walter Gomez, di Stefano etc etc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-27699398

This is mine:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-27699398#010034047039020055084069051100106

4-4-2

---------------------------Zoff-------------------------------------
Maldini----------Scirea---------------Passarella----------Breitner----
---------------------Socrates--------------------------------------
----------------------------------Charlton-------------------------
-----------------Ardiles-------------------Jairzinho-----------------
----------------------------Maradona------------------------------
--------------------------Ronaldo----------------------------------

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Mine:-

--------------------------------Yashin----------------------------------------

---Cafu------------Moore----------------Beckenbauer---------Breitner------------

-------------------------------Matthaus------------------------------------------------

-------------Garrincha---------------------------Jairzinho-----------------------------

--------------------------------Maradona-----------------------------------------------

------------------Pele--------------------------Ronaldo---------------------------------

I picked mine on their world cup performances as my sole basis. Therefore even though Baresi is the best centre back to have ever played the game he doesn't get in ahead of Moore and Beckenbauer. Same goes for Maldini.

Last edited:

nebeer

Love is All
--------------------------Kahn----------------------------

Cafu------Beckenbauer-------Puyol----------Maldini

-------------------------Gattuso----------------------

-------Maradona--------Zidane-------------Cruyff----

-----------------Messi----------Ronaldo Lima---------

difficult

Zoff-Bergomi,Baresi,Beckenbauer,Cafu-Bobby charlton, neeskens, MAradona-Messi, Cruyff, Gerd Müller

probably insulting a lot af players like pele, zidane, Maldini,...

Last edited:

PaulFCB

Banned
-----------------------------------Walter Zenga--------------------------------------
-------Cafu----------Beckenbauer-----------------Puyol-----------Breitner------------
-------------------------------------Mathaus----------------------------------------
------------------------Cruyff-----------------Maradona---------------------------
-----------------------Ronaldo---Paolo Rossi---Pele-----------------------------------

Based on the actual performances at one or more World Cups ( depending on each player ): such as the ammount of goals received for defenders/gk and how decisive they proved to be for their team, how well they captained a team ( if it's the case ) or how they changed the course of history on their own ( in the 3 ST's case ).
-

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
You have to base it on actual world cup performances IMO. So you must include Pele, Maradona and Gerd Muller. Any line up without that front three isn't right.

I guess you can include Ronaldo instead of Muller.

PaulFCB

Banned
Ronaldo ... 2002 SF + F: decisive
Pele: Pele...
Paolo Rossi: Triplet against Brazil ( considered the best football match of all time, not just in a WC ), 2/2 in SF, opening goal in Final...
Muller...Agree, but it's like there's no space for him unless we try a 4-2-4 or a 3-3-4...

Home of Barca Fans