Do you think Rakitic will be a better fit for Barça than Cesc?

Do you think Rakitic will be a better fit for Barça than Cesc?

• Total voters
F

Flavia

2gy7ko0.jpg

It's not confirmed yet, but after Pique's indiscretion, it looks like a done deal.

So, what's your feelings about this?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I wanted Rakitic. Then became unsure. Then thought he would be a downgrade on Cesc, then thought again that he has done so well for Sevilla and could actually do better, then went back to being unsure.

So I'll just go with the 'I don't know' option, but of course I hope he'll do very well and be able to prove to be a much better fit than Cesc.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I don't know. I see the reasoning behind the swap as Cesc has definitely not entrenched himself in this team, for whatever reason you want to site, and I can see the contributions Rakitic could potential bring to this team. However, fact of the matter is I'll have to see the project Luis Enrique is going to bring to the team and I'll have to see the player play to make a judgement from that.

I trust this is the coach's decision and that he feels he can get more for his vision of the team out of Rakitic than out of Cesc. I'll give the benefit of the doubt until I can judge for myself.

To this point, all I can judge is the talent of the player, which he has plenty, and the transfers, assuming Rakitic is bought for €15-20m and Cesc is sold for €33m+, then my opinion on that is that it is a very good piece of business.

akaranzo

Rakitic is a good player and It'd be great to have him at Barca but I'm still praying that Cesc doesn't leave... I don't think Rakitic is better than Cesc.

Pepe Silvia

I voted yes but I should have voted I don't know because I truthfully don't know or can't even pretend to know what the system/tactics will look like next season with so many rumored changes in personnel/positions.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I voted yes but I should have voted I don't know because I truthfully don't know or can't even pretend to know what the system/tactics will look like next season with so many rumored changes in personnel/positions.

This. We don't know what Lucho has in mind right now. Rakitic seems like very different player compared to Xavi, Iniesta or Cesc, but just wait and see.

MagIX

I don'know, I am not fully convinced.
The price of 18mio is ok (if it is true).
I prefer Koke, but better Rakitic for 18mio than Koke for 60MIO:please: !!

Gaudi

I'm turning in to optimist, watched him yesterday more carefully because of all this transfer talk. I basically just watched him move, run, everything:p. He is faster thay I thought, quite faster than Cesc, he becomed good tackler, obviously he leraned that in Sevilla. He looks quite strong in duels considering he's not that kind of player, has superb pass (which is like number 1 thing if you're to play in Barca) and he looks comfortably with ball.
If we would to add another midfielder, box to box type, like Koke this could be great midfield again. With hungry Rafinha, Iniesta, Xavi and Busi.

Home of Barca Fans