Claudio Bravo

EdmondDantes

Since he's 35, that's quite possibly a career-ender for Claudio. I read somewhere these injuries take around 9-12 months to recover from, even then you're not the same athlete after. And he's a goalkeeper.

I wish him a speedy recovery regardless. Top bloke.

God Serena

It's still a bad way to end it because of injury, no matter how good a career you had, remember Puyol.

Puyol is a true legend of the game and had designs of retiring when he was 40, but couldn't due to his reckless playstyle leaving him constantly on the shelf.

Not really the same. If I was Bravo, I'd rather retire from injury than irrelevance. After leaving Barca he really should have gone back to an irrelevant midtable club, where he belonged. At least imo

Catta

Puyol is a true legend of the game and had designs of retiring when he was 40, but couldn't due to his reckless playstyle leaving him constantly on the shelf.

Not really the same. If I was Bravo, I'd rather retire from injury than irrelevance. After leaving Barca he really should have gone back to an irrelevant midtable club, where he belonged. At least imo

You really hate Bravo for some reason. He doesn't belong to a mid table club, Bravo is a true legend of the game, was a key player in 2 Copa America, and 2 La Liga titles, he had the best La Liga season in Barcas history with 23 clean sheets. With him I always felt safe that there won't be any stupid goals, he was just oozing with confidence in that period, it's a shame he hasn't got his chance sooner with the club, could have been a true Barca legend and would have been considered one of the best in Barcas history. His transfer to England was doomed from the start, I don't think any smaller GK has had success in England, unlike where in Spain it's common to have a smaller, more agile GKs.

God Serena

You really hate Bravo for some reason. He doesn't belong to a mid table club, Bravo is a true legend of the game, was a key player in 2 Copa America, and 2 La Liga titles, he had the best La Liga season in Barcas history with 23 clean sheets. With him I always felt safe that there won't be any stupid goals, he was just oozing with confidence in that period, it's a shame he hasn't got his chance sooner with the club, could have been a true Barca legend and would have been considered one of the best in Barcas history. His transfer to England was doomed from the start, I don't think any smaller GK has had success in England, unlike where in Spain it's common to have a smaller, more agile GKs.

International competition means absolutely nothing when discussing club competition. Those 2 Copa Americas didn't stop him from being a shockingly poor keeper for Man City. One good season in La Liga with our best team since peak Pep doesn't mean that was his actual level. He was mediocre at best playing for Sociedad and was most known for howlers committed against us and Real, and he was very quickly returning to that quality of player before he left, as he was nowhere near his prior level in the season that followed the treble, which likely played a huge role in even Lucho accepting Mats as our permanent #1 while Bravo was shipped off.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

He didn't really flop in England because he struggled with catching crosses or anything like that.

He was letting in soft goals all the time to his near post, between his legs, simple shots at him. He was never really Man City's first choice to begin with anyway. They wanted MAtS which is why the club decided to cash in on Bravo instead once Man City were fine taking him too.

God Serena

He didn't really flop in England because he struggled with catching crosses or anything like that.

He was letting in soft goals all the time to his near post, between his legs, simple shots at him. He was never really Man City's first choice to begin with anyway. They wanted MAtS which is why the club decided to cash in on Bravo instead once Man City were fine taking him too.

Didn't he have like the worst save percentage in the EPL until he finally got benched?

I even remember against us he wasn't paying attention to his own box and stopped a ball with his hands when he was clearly outside and got sent off... :lol:

Home of Barca Fans