Claudio Bravo

L

linetty

Real Sociedad want at least 15M for Claudio Bravo, could ask to include Tello or Dos Santos. Barcelona don't want to pay more than 12M. [as]

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Getting Ter Stegen for 12M and then paying almost the same for a mediocre 31 year old GK :lol:

Guys, aren't we lucky the opposition isn't doing ANYTHING to stop these guys?

L

linetty

Maybe it's a smokescreen and Zubi is pushing in for Caballero behind the scenes?

zanela

But what if ter Stegen flops or struggles early on? Then what? Rely on Bravo for the rest of the season...no thanks. Besides Lucho said there would be competition, bringing in Bravo means ter Stegen is the starter from day 1

At what point does one decide a new signing is a flop? After 5, 10, 20 games, a season or two? A short sample is never conclusive. Courtois, for example was on the end of a few blow outs midway in his debut season at Atléti. It was only when Simeone arrived and tightened the defense, that things began to look up. If he was relegated to the bench for the early performances, he wouldn't developed in to the player he's today.

(cue the Belgian brigade...tic tok tic tok..)

---------------------------------
Back to Bravo,

If rumours are to be believed he's being brought to fight for the starting spot, and not as a back-up (an assurance the player sought before he agreed to join). Apparently, Lucho intends to rotate his 3 keepers like he did at Barca b. Bravo could yet emerge as our #1, thus justifying the figures. I don't see the merits of rotating keepers at the top level, as its a position that demands stability, and that can't be had by being in and out of the team. But I'm not Lucho so what do I know.

So what does Vilarrubi think of our other new keeper? Not many clean sheets? :mou:

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He posted some message on FB about dreams coming true or something like that yesterday. Dreams = Barca? :mou:

suckabov

Lemon curry?
If rumours are to be believed he's being brought to fight for the starting spot, and not as a back-up (an assurance he sought before the player agreed to join). Apparently, Lucho intends to rotate his 3 keepers like he did at Barca b. Bravo could yet emerge as our #1, thus justifying the figures. I don't see the merits of rotating keepers at the top level, as its a position that demands stability, and that can't be had by being in and out of the team. But I'm not Lucho so what do I know.

So what does Vilarrubi think of our other new keeper? Not many clean sheets? :mou:
Heard that as well but in his Barça TV interview, Lucho talked about rotating keepers and said "of course you can't do this at the first team", so I doubt we'll see that.

Last edited:

zanela

Heard that as well but in his Barça TV interview, Lucho talked about how he rotated 3 keepers at the B team and said "of course you can't do this at the first team", so I doubt we'll see that.

Ok, I missed that. Encouraging if that's the case. Masip can be for CDR. Bravo and TS can rotate in LL and CL, depending on the opposition.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
If they're getting Bravo for true competition with Stegen and to share his minutes, then add that to the list of fails with this signing. Bravo is about as mid-table-mediocre-La-Liga-team keeper as they come.

This guy cannot possibly hope to compete with a talent like Stegen, unless Stegen just about flops big time. There's not much sense coming out of this potential signing. None whatsoever.

ammarfcb

ze special one
reina is a better barca gk (passing and all) and would cost 6m max.

its a back up keeper...better than 15m for this shit fo sure

zanela

Thanks but no thanks. Pool can keep him, and continue to pay his wages if he's so ace. Hating on Bravo seem to be the latest fad here.

Home of Barca Fans