Claudio Bravo

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Very likely might have just declined for Barca aswell. That shit happens, see Casillas. Your current goalkeeper isn't doing noticably better, maybe the competition had both overperforming.

That's plausible.

But if that's the case then even more reason to sign a new WC GK. How many of the other great GKs have great competition? None of them.

Messi983

Can't believe some people seems to enjoy seeing him struggle. I think we made the right decision and sold him at the right time but I still respect Bravo for his 2 seasons here and wish him the best. He's just in a bad form and poor defense doesn't help him much either but I think he has a strong enough personality to get through this. I believe Pep will stick with him and hopefully City fans will too.

Neymessi

I don't think it was competetion that made bravo play much better than he is. He was really great for us. Would't put a foot wrong and if we conceeded 99.9%times he wouldn't have done anything wrong.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
All this bollocks about passing the ball and being a sweeper keeper.

The main aim of a goal keeper is to save shots and Bravo has been abysmal in that. I don't rate Joe Hart but I'd have him over Bravo all day long.

F

FlaFCB

All this bollocks about passing the ball and being a sweeper keeper.

The main aim of a goal keeper is to save shots and Bravo has been abysmal in that. I don't rate Joe Hart but I'd have him over Bravo all day long.

Bravo was a good shot stopper. Check the clasico in the bernabeu, when Barça won 0-4, for a good example. But he was already showing some signs of decline during his last months for Barça.

xXKonan

Bravo's performance vs Real was him at his very best.

During the second part of the season he was a totally different Goalkeeper, his distribution got worse and he was conceding more goals. the whole team was in a complacency/exhausted state at that time but I think theirs more to that in Bravo's case however.

I think age is starting to catch up with him and it doesn't help City's defense is about as solid as a wet noodle. He might be going the way of Casillas in terms of declining.

Yannik

Bravo's performance vs Real was him at his very best.

During the second part of the season he was a totally different Goalkeeper, his distribution got worse and he was conceding more goals. the whole team was in a complacency/exhausted state at that time but I think theirs more to that in Bravo's case however.

I think age is starting to catch up with him and it doesn't help City's defense is about as solid as a wet noodle. He might be going the way of Casillas in terms of declining.

I think Bravo fell even faster and harder than Casillas. Casillas got dropped already when he was still doing alright under Mou, back then people didn't really understand the decision but it showed later. Casillas declined slow and steady over the course of 2 years, nowadays Casillas is just hit and miss for Porto really. Has some incredible saves, and some insane blunders. Bravo meanwhile has only the latter and he went from worldclass to utter shit in about a few months really.

F

FlaFCB

I think Bravo fell even faster and harder than Casillas. Casillas got dropped already when he was still doing alright under Mou, back then people didn't really understand the decision but it showed later. Casillas declined slow and steady over the course of 2 years, nowadays Casillas is just hit and miss for Porto really. Has some incredible saves, and some insane blunders. Bravo meanwhile has only the latter and he went from worldclass to utter shit in about a few months really.

I think adaptation is also affecting him. Only time will tell if he declined that much, or if it's just a bad patch of form.

God Serena

Well tbf he went from mediocre at best with Sociedad to world class, so him going back to his normal level and *then* hitting decline makes sense.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

I think adaptation is also affecting him. Only time will tell if he declined that much, or if it's just a bad patch of form.

This. He showed signs of decline during his last 6 months at Barca and for the Chile NT too. Making mistakes there he wouldn't make, flapping at crosses. Some would argue endlessly it's not true though, but if you look back at all those games then you can see him showing signs of weakness.

And then to move to England, a new country and league at the age of 33. That's really hard. I wouldn't count him out from becoming stable though. He might adapt in the coming months.

PhilS

Bravo was superb for Barca. He was a strong contender for best keeper in the world for those two seasons.

As far as his form now goes, I don't think the posters on this forum are being quite fair. It's a lot worse than the descriptions I have reading. Every single on-target shot is going in against him now. Look it up, I am not exaggerating, at least two games straight with no saves. This is world-record level performance, beyond comprehension.

Home of Barca Fans