Claudio Bravo

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Mine too especially after the "there's no fixed number 1" rumours and not giving Ter Stegen #1 right away.

I would be worried about this if all of these rumours as well as those "FCB have called Bravo" news weren't based on Sport/MD speculation who have been against ter Stegen from the start. Apparently both Unzué and Lucho followed MAtS when they were gk/b team coach and especially Unzué was keen on him, so I don't really think there will be any problem (can't remember which reporter wrote that, but it was not Aguilar, and it makes a lot of sense since Zubi said something similar in the MAtS welcome presser).

Last edited:

zanela

I would be worried about this if all of these rumours weren't based on Sport/MD speculation who have been against ter Stegen from the start. Apparently both Unzué and Lucho followed MAtS when they were gk/b team coach and especially Unzué was keen on him, so I don't really think there will be any problem (can't remember which reporter wrote that, but it was not Aguilar).

If Unzué was keen on MAtS, why is he keen on Bravo as well? It was relayed on Catradio.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
If Unzué was keen on MAtS, why is he keen on Bravo as well? It was relayed on Catradio.

That's exactly the point, why are they keen on Bravo if they want 2 gks competing for #1? Bravo is obviously not really first Barça gk material, so either they want him as 2nd gk or they're deluded, which I doubt. The logical assumption for me is that they want an experienced 2nd keeper, otherwise they could have gone for better choices who would have been cheaper or cost as much and would really have given MAtS a run for his money (Willy, Navas).

Is it sure that it is Unzué who wants Bravo btw?

zanela

That's exactly the point, why are they keen on Bravo if they want 2 gks competing for #1? Bravo is obviously not really first Barça gk material, so either they want him as 2nd gk or they're deluded, which I doubt. The logical assumption for me is that they want an experienced 2nd keeper, otherwise they could have gone for better choices who would have been cheaper or cost as much and would really have given MAtS a run for his money (Willy, Navas).

Is it sure that it is Unzué who wants Bravo btw?

Perhaps, Lucho & co rate him higher than we think. I mean I can't my head around the idea of over paying for someone of his age, if he was just meant to be 2nd keeper. I just find it odd.
As for your query, I read it on the catradio translated tweets. Who else could it be asking for him? Not zubi, not Barto (he's clueless about football), and the rest of the board were pulling for you know who. So this one is on the tech. staff.

Djab

Perhaps, Lucho & co rate him higher than we think. I mean I can't my head around the idea of over paying for someone of his age, if he was just meant to be 2nd keeper. I just find it odd.
As for your query, I read it on the catradio translated tweets. Who else could it be asking for him? Not zubi, not Barto (he's clueless about football), and the rest of the board were pulling for you know who. So this one is on the tech. staff.

We are overpaying for him because Zubi and co suck at negotiating big time. That is the only reason I believe. His worth is at most 5M but everyone tries to milk the money out of FCB and Sociedad is no exception.

Last edited:

zanela

We are overpaying for him because Zubi and co suck at negotiating big time. That is the only reason I believe. His worth is at most 5M but everyone tries to milk the money out of FCB and Sociedad is no exception.

Can't disregard that. Still the Bravo or no one else is strange. We'll see how it all pans out eventually.

Tomchin

In 30 minutes we'll finally get to see him. Our 12M-goalkeeper (the 4 most expensive GK in history I read?) 'd better perform well tonight ;)

Home of Barca Fans