Group H: Belgium, Algeria, Russia, Korea Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

BerkeleyBernie

not good
slow, bad technique, Vertonghen is very lucky (red imo)

All teams look poor playing vs a 10-0-0 setup.

I'd agree the back line should be moving the ball faster in that situation, shifting point of attack from left to right.

And Vertonghen stupid with that foul.

GoobiePls

S♥NE
10 men behind the ball isn't footballing. ;) There was only one team today trying to win. Algeria was playing for a 0-0 draw from the get-go.

You want Algeria to attack with segunda quality players :lol: They played to their strenghts, Belgium has the least creativity of any "top" team I've seen so far.

BerkeleyBernie

You want Algeria to attack with segunda quality players :lol: They played to their strenghts, Belgium has the least creativity of any "top" team I've seen so far.

Belgium also played against the most bunkered defense we've seen so far (hence difficulty in creating). Most of the games have been pretty open; I can't recall another top team facing a purely defensive side yet this Cup.

To be sure, I don't blame Algeria. Mind-numbingly dull, but their choice. However, most teams saw what happened in 2010 playing for draws, and decided to come to 2014 to play football regardless of their matchups. Algeria can go home proud that they held a lead on a penalty for part of one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans