Group G: Germany, Portugal, Ghana, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

FC B

How was the Germany game? Were they good? How did Muller score?

They played good enough for a win, no more and no less.

Muller played with a well placed shot to the left of the keeper.

Good game to watch for me.

BerkeleyBernie

They played good enough for a win, no more and no less.

Muller played with a well placed shot to the left of the keeper.

Good game to watch for me.

I actually think they were pretty impressive. Pretty much controlled the game. USA was imprecise passing out of the back, but partly because Germany did a great job closing off their passing lanes.

What impressed me most was Germany's players' judgement. Most possessions ended with a shot or the ball in a very dangerous position. They know when to shuttle the ball around, when to try 1-2s, when to go for a cross. Main weakness in attack is Howedes. If they had a fullback with better ball skills, could have been better down the left side. Perhaps Lahm might end up as a fullback at some point in the tourney?

Granted, USA didn't park a bus.

Kudos to this USA side, the first to actually be fun to watch, able to build up play from the back for the first time ever. A few nice moves, but still need more quality, too many turnovers from sloppy passes. I'm glad the USA has finally moved into the modern era.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Super goal? haha! Tap in assisted by the keeper. I'll take Messi's 4 goals in 3 games over that. Butthurt level = 0

Yeah, tap in from 18 meters with a crowded penalty box. duh.

edit: Nevermind me. I thought you were talking about Müller's goal for whatever reason. :p

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

I actually think they were pretty impressive. Pretty much controlled the game. USA was imprecise passing out of the back, but partly because Germany did a great job closing off their passing lanes.

What impressed me most was Germany's players' judgement. Most possessions ended with a shot or the ball in a very dangerous position. They know when to shuttle the ball around, when to try 1-2s, when to go for a cross. Main weakness in attack is Howedes. If they had a fullback with better ball skills,

Well, they have: Durm.

PaulFCB

Banned
Super goal? haha! Tap in assisted by the keeper. I'll take Messi's 4 goals in 3 games over that. Butthurt level = 0

sad_troll_vector_by_shadu-d3arllz.png

Not a very cheerful world cup for Africa... Only algeria is having a clean wc as ghana, cameroon and nigeria all face(d) major problems (all have money issues--> lame, corrupt federations) and disciplinary ones as well. Nigeria is pulling a Knysna before the france game. lol.

Not sure if its a good or bad thing for african football, that these things would happen at the wc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans