Gabriel Milito

beef-supreme

Gabriel Milito returned to Barcelona (from Argentina) to start the 2nd phase of his recovery.

gabrielmilitofcbarcelon.jpg

Though this isn't the first time he's started that 2nd phase is it...

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Though this isn't the first time he's started that 2nd phase is it...

It certainly isn't and we all know how good his second phase went down in April. However, I genuinly wish that he could get back on track as I loved to watch him play. And it was nice indeed reading about his recovery.

But what somewhat baffles me is that even if he'd recover to his possible best (which obviously isn't 100% compared what he used to be) where would he play? There is Chygsy, Pique, Puyol, Marquez and two of our youth prospects in Fontás and Muniesa as our CB's (whom might still not be fully ready for first-flight footy). Sadly, as much as I would love to see him play for Barça, I think the board / coach might sell him, IF he will recover. Or then again, Pep might have an ace up his sleeve and find him useful somehow.

beef-supreme

It certainly isn't and we all know how good his second phase went down in April. However, I genuinly wish that he could get back on track as I loved to watch him play. And it was nice indeed reading about his recovery.

But what somewhat baffles me is that even if he'd recover to his possible best (which obviously isn't 100% compared what he used to be) where would he play? There is Chygsy, Pique, Puyol, Marquez and two of our youth prospects in Fontás and Muniesa as our CB's (whom might still not be fully ready for first-flight footy). Sadly, as much as I would love to see him play for Barça, I think the board / coach might sell him, IF he will recover. Or then again, Pep might have an ace up his sleeve and find him useful somehow.

Well I honestly think that even if he recovers, he won't play competitively, or at least not when it matters. He might get a game at the end of the season, and if he has recovered, then be sold, or, à la Guddy, leave on a free...

veryfatchocobo

I'm sure he'll be able to play again. He may not fully compete for another 2 years though. Knee ligament tears takes 2 years to fully regain normal life.

My English isn't doing too well here <_<

beef-supreme

I'm sure he'll be able to play again. He may not fully compete for another 2 years though. Knee ligament tears takes 2 years to fully regain normal life.

My English isn't doing too well here <_<

Yeah I agree with you there, but I doubt he'll play seriously or competitively for Barca again...

V

Valon

It's really a shame. Anyway speaking of him, did anyone else feel extremely terrified when you saw Puyol and Milito playing in the defence? I was always scared when they both played together as CB's because they always seemed to rush after the ball at the same time. :lol:

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
Once they both caught a glimpse of the ball through their hair.

:lol:

That's so fuckin true. Well, that is one more fact that should be consider if you want to choose a pair of CB. If you have one CB with long hair (especially wrinkle wave long hair), the other one must be short hair guy. Unless, one of them willing to tied his hair like marquez :D

beef-supreme

Yes it's true, but if Milito were healthy, I'm sure he could have made a great partnership with one of our more composed CBs, namely Piqué or Márquez. Maybe even Chysus.

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
But you must consider also their hair, research found that it can effect the game :lol:

beef-supreme

Yes of course, this is why Barca tends to buy long-haired defenders. We all know that long tarzan hair improves defensive performances... And also, long funny hair does good for our marketing in Asia. All the Japanese are so amused and decide to sign up as members!

Home of Barca Fans