Gabriel Milito

gingerless

pause at around 5 seconds.

now tell me, is milito at fault for being where he's supposed to be and "should've" done better closing down (that is virtually impossible closing down that obvious pass)

or are pique and masch, who have been caught way up the pitch because they're pressing the ball when there's only one to cover for the back?

he's running back trying to cover while the other two get back but obviously they're not fast enough

Chainsaw

Killahead
Funny last year we had enough defenders with Puyol, Pique, Milito, Abidal and Marquez and they still went and bought Chygry too. Now they let go of Marquez, sell Chygry, Milito degrade, Puyol get injured, and Abidal deals with tumor and we have to put a DM in CB position!

iookram

Milito was decent against Almeria. He was partly to blame for the Almeria goal but he couldn't have done anymore than he did as he lacked support(not blaming the others though).

If Pique had played the pass to David Villa for the penalty, everyone would be praising it. Ah... Haters gonna hate.

Hellsangel

There are a couple of mistakes with that goal. Mascherano missing his challenge (perhaps because he was already on a yellow) and Pique being nowhere around. Milito too made a mistake. As a defender he should have tried to sniff out the primary danger, which was Piatti in this case. At 5 seconds in the video he makes the wrong decision by not closing down Piatti and turning his body the wrong way around. Piatti maybe still would have given the pass, but that would mean that the Corona would have to run a long distance with the ball in his feet which obviously goes slower. But it's quite hard to consider all this in a fraction of a second, the situation was difficult to assess. Basically you can't really blame Milito for the goal.

He is however not up to standard and he won't reach that standard again methinks. I think Pep has realised that Milito's time at Barça soon will come to its end.

Galning

You can't blame Piqué either, he was up front for that corner kick. He is one of the few players who can actually make a header so somebody should cover his position during freekicks etc..

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Milito was not at fault for the goal. In that position all he can do is try and stall the attack until support arrives. If he went to Piatti the ball would have just been squared earlier, and they'd have still scored. If he'd gone across to the middle, Piatti would have run through on goal unchallenged. As it was he did ok and was probably 1 inch from getting his foot to the ball to cut it out.

There certainly should have been more bodies back given their pace up front.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Actually Milito was moving right. He was trying to cover both infront and back of him in the case that the passer might send the ball in either way. In any case he was just like centimeters away from catching the ball but eventually couldn't. He was actually fine last night and his pass that led to the penalty must be recognised as well. It's not easy to be in the best of match and psychological fitness when you just play one match and then sit out for the next matches repeatedly! I hope Pep plays him in El Classico and moves Busquest to DM.

Moe