Group F: Argentina, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iran, Nigeria

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

voodoomaster

When they face Netherlands they won't stand a chance

I dont know about netherlands, they are hugely overrated. Good organization can take you far, but you dont win the tournament with two three quality players. On the other hand, Argentina wont stay a chance against germany and even france. They have Messi and a decent dimaria and thats about it. The rest of the stars are out of form. So simple logic tell us that you cant win a tournament with 2 quality players and a terrible defense.

Ill give argentina a chance if Higuain, dimaria, aguero(injured?), masch, zabaleta and Messi all performe at their best. It dosent look very promising so far. God I want Messi to win it though - would be the perfect summer. Outsider?

Alik

This game reminded me of Germany - Ghana.

For the people worried about the defence, Germany's defence looked equally shaky against Ghana. Both games were end to end.

Just something to keep in mind.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Just imagining Robben against this defence. :facepalm:

The team looked better in the second half but still half sleep. Sabella need to add one more midfielder and play with Di Maria-Higuain-Messi upfront.

zanela

Higuain doesn't deserve to play next match. It's disgraceful that ARG has his fat useless self as the inheritor of #9 from the likes of Batigol and Crespo.

AURELIUS

Higuain doesn't deserve to play next match. It's disgraceful that ARG has his fat useless self as the inheritor of #9 from the likes of Batigol and Crespo.

He is not match sharp or fit coming off an injury. Two chances he wasted he normally would have converted ie Gago's pass against Iran and today Messi's little ball in.

They are going through the gears but were a little too relaxed for most of the second half.

The passing was better but needs to improve. Still some careless balls across the pitch that conceded possession. Lavezzi brought some spark and played well showing Kun is not match sharp either.

Gago much better today although he allowed his opponent to run past him for the second goal that was more down to Fernandez being drawn out and being positionally poor. I might be tempted to bring in Campagnaro/Basanta for him.

Zabaleta excellent. Masche too. Rojo covered the flank well and should have scored in the first half from di Maria.

Messi still has another gear in reserve but Higgy needs to sharpen up fast. di Maria while great for the most part sloppy a few times but his heart is immense like Masche and Zab.

I think Sabella could have brought on Perez for Gago and Palacio earlier for Higgy. They also need to work rapidly on defending set pieces. Only Garay attacks the ball. The rest remain static and get caught under the ball.

As for Lavezzi squirting water at Sabella. He is a cheeky sod but that is not what I would do when lots of cameras and people are watching. It was disrespectful. Fingers crossed even more Argentines enter Brazil to support the team and turn stadiums into home fixtures. Viva Argentina. :party1:

V

voodoomaster

He is not match sharp or fit coming off an injury. Two chances he wasted he normally would have converted ie Gago's pass against Iran and today Messi's little ball in.

They are going through the gears but were a little too relaxed for most of the second half.

The passing was better but needs to improve. Still some careless balls across the pitch that conceded possession. Lavezzi brought some spark and played well showing Kun is not match sharp either.

Gago much better today although he allowed his opponent to run past him for the second goal that was more down to Fernandez being drawn out and being positionally poor. I might be tempted to bring in Campagnaro/Basanta for him.

Zabaleta excellent. Masche too. Rojo covered the flank well and should have scored in the first half from di Maria.

Messi still has another gear in reserve but Higgy needs to sharpen up fast. di Maria while great for the most part sloppy a few times but his heart is immense like Masche and Zab.

I think Sabella could have brought on Perez for Gago and Palacio earlier for Higgy. They also need to work rapidly on defending set pieces. Only Garay attacks the ball. The rest remain static and get caught under the ball.

As for Lavezzi squirting water at Sabella. He is a cheeky sod but that is not what I would do when lots of cameras and people are watching. It was disrespectful. Fingers crossed even more Argentines enter Brazil to support the team and turn stadiums into home fixtures. Viva Argentina. :party1:

I like your post very much, but does messi have another gear? I mean: he was immense today, god mode, two fantastic passes that should have been assists. Two amazing goals. In one hour! Messi is sincerely the best player I have ever seen, but how can you expect that much. Not fair.

Gilberto

We'll destroy Argentina, with these 2 :mou:

Robben-RVP.jpg

But in all seriousness though, I agree the Dutch are overrated right now. Before the start of the tournament, many of us didn't even expect us to go through the group :neymar:

The style of play isn't the most entertaining to watch but we haven't got the material to play more attacking, that's the sad truth.

Last edited:

Alittle bit harsch i Think, he did much better in this game than the earlier. He really tried today, created some chances, yes should have scored but will in the next game ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans