Group F: Argentina, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iran, Nigeria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Sabella the mastermind. Put Gago (didn't know he still played serious football) and Mascherano as key men to control the game and rely on Messi to deliver.
There are literally hundreds more deserving coaches in South America. What has Sabella done to deserve this job? Can someone shed some light?

B

beautifulgame

Give Barcelona a run for their money during their dominate era and won copa lib
With estudiantes. A team that played really fuckin well and stood up to barca better than anyone at the time imo.

Lol. But you are right about one thing, Argentina has many coaches

Alik

MATCH STATS
Possession
Iran 23% - 77% Argentina
Shots
8 - 21
On target
3 - 4

That was a bus and half.

Last edited:

utility73

The tediousness of those matches might have some value for Argentina after all.
Now the bigger opponents with inclination to hubris (i.e. Germany) might understimate them.

sabby

Sabella the mastermind. Put Gago (didn't know he still played serious football) and Mascherano as key men to control the game and rely on Messi to deliver.
There are literally hundreds more deserving coaches in South America. What has Sabella done to deserve this job? Can someone shed some light?

To be honest, Argentina really doesn't have that many option anywhere other than attack. So it all depends on their fron tline to deliver. Today was a day to forget for Aguero, Di maria and Higuain. Higuain at least setup a nice chance for Aguero which was saved. Although there were umpteen of bad touches from Higuain. Somehow I don't feel Aguero is completely fit - physically or mentally. Di Maria made so many bad passes that I lost count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans