Group E: Switzerland, Ecuador, France, Honduras

MagIX

Never knew Seferovic was Swiss so I have even more reason to like them - like Rodriguez wasn't enough of a reason!

Also Rakitic is half Swiss, he was born in Switzerland, he even played for the Switzerland U 21 some matches.
Afterwards he decided to play for Croazia.

PaulFCB

Banned
Poor Ecuador?

Switzerland clearly deserved to win this.

Also Rakitic is half Swiss, he was born in Switzerland, he even played for the Switzerland U 21 some matches.
Afterwards he decided to play for Croazia.

Rakitic isn't half Swiss, both his parents are Croat Yugoslavs.

Last edited:

PaulFCB

Banned
And they were the better team overall, but line refs fucked up again and it's starting to become frustrating.

MagIX

Poor Ecuador?

Switzerland clearly deserved to win this.

Rakitic isn't half Swiss, both his parents are Croat Yugoslavs.

Agreed. I meant he was born and he played for Switzerland, but yes, genetically is not Swiss.

RAMBO BEHRAMI !!!! what a save and what a run !!! clearly fauled (yellow card) but he did not stay on the ground crying like a pussy (= CR), he got up like Rambo (= not CR)... the 2nd gol belongs to him

PaulFCB

Banned
He clearly had no reason to lie down and cry like a wuss, but at the same time be sure if it was 2-1 in 90+2 he would've.

Each way, Switzerland is the deserved winner, at least they cleared another game from being decided by referee mistakes, though it might still affect positions ( goal average being important ), just like Mexico managed to save their asses with Cameroun.

MagIX

He clearly had no reason to lie down and cry like a wuss, but at the same time be sure if it was 2-1 in 90+2 he would've.

Each way, Switzerland is the deserved winner, at least they cleared another game from being decided by referee mistakes, though it might still affect positions ( goal average being important ), just like Mexico managed to save their asses with Cameroun.

There are never clearly reasons to lie down and cry like a wuss: only pussies do so.

For the rest, we already won by qualifying for the WC, i do not have particular expectations.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Benzz.jpg

BerkeleyBernie

Pretty dull France team out there, both sides pretty much playing bulldozer physical football. Griezmann and Valbuena the notable exceptions.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Strange match, even Suisse commentators couldn't really comprehend what happened to the team, particularly in the 1st half. All I could think of was jetlag since the playing conditions were fairly ideal. Plus, they had looked very sharp in their two friendlies ahead of the WC kickoff. Yet, they looked like they were hung over. Poor touch, poor passing and a general lack of urgency was hard to figure out. Very disappointing

I didn't like Djourou starting but he ended up with some timely interceptions despite not marking anyone on Ecuador's goal - Arsenal fans must've felt some déjà vu. Mehmedi was a smart sub but I had wanted Behrami' subbed for Džemaili too - guess that turned out to be fortuitous considering Behrami initiated the winning goal with a fantastic defensive stop and spearheading the attack.

I thought the Suisse played far below their standards for the most part and I still wonder what was causing it. Even Inler & Lichtsteiner who can rotuinely be counted on to exceed expectations were underwhelming. And in the case of Stephan, he was Ecuador's most successful attacking outlet. Thought he showed his age there

Pissed about the disallowed goal as it was a beauty.

I suppose that was the only thing missing in this World Cup until now, a winner right in the final seconds - now we have it, it was glorious. I watched in a small Suisse village that set up a viewing tent complete with a BBQ, drinks etc. - very memorable atmosphere, especially with the win. I almost fell out of my seat when the pass came to Rodriguez and I thought he wouldn't be able to control it, then the goal
clear.png
:hooray:

Alarcón

The problems they had with Ecuador were to be expected... Their squad is very talented but they lack a good coach.

Home of Barca Fans