Group A: Brazil, Croatia, Mexico, Cameroon

ManusXavi

I'm not picking Mexico to win any games. A draw vs Cameroon and a draw vs Croatia.
Brazil and Croatia to go through

FCB_M3

I can't feel ma face!
We will get through (Mexico) despite the loss today vs Portugal. We outplayed them, just very unlucky. But they did win the game. Better to lose in a friendly than in the group stages. We're ready.

ManusXavi

Yea in the TABchallenge.co.nz $5 Million challenge I have Mexico and Cameroon having a draw. Maybe you are right. Maybe I should change it to a Mexico victory. You can see my picks on page 27 of the general World Cup 2014 thread. I must get all 64 games correct

Last edited:

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
So with the game kicking off tomorrow, you'd expect a Brasil opening win, but with Croatia being a very capable team, anybody seeing an upset?

F

Flavia

So with the game kicking off tomorrow, you'd expect a Brasil opening win, but with Croatia being a very capable team, anybody seeing an upset?

Yeah, it could happen. The pressure in the 1st match is always the biggest. Brazilian players will be nervous, and if they don't score soon, they might crack.

Galning

The hosts have never lost their opening match would be a big shocker if Brazil lose. I also think they'll win though, 1-0 and 2-0 are both realistic predictions.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I'm saying 4-2, I think this tournament you are going to see a lot of goals. After playing with the world cup ball the other day, its really fun to play with and easy to rip shots from distance. Ball travels really well so I'm expecting a lot of goals.

Don't expect Croatia to upset the natural balance of World Cup procedures but they will definitely go through and have enough quality with Modric, Rakitic and Mandzukic to really cause Brazil a few problems.

I am really looking forward to watching the form of all our boys. Hope NeyGOAT puts on a show this summer and I REALLY hope we see the real Messi again. If he is walking around the pitch again for Argentina in the WC, I'll be really worried about how his career will be going. Hope he shows up.

Home of Barca Fans