Group A: Brazil, Croatia, Mexico, Cameroon

zanela

Awful ref , robbed Croatia blind all night... disallowed goal , phantom penalty & a clear foul on Rakitic.. he just missed scoring a goal himself

Any poor brazil result will exacerbate the anti-wc protests/sentiments in Brazil. So expect all 50-50 and some dubious calls in their favour, ensuring them a ticket to the finals.

Beast

The Observer
Any poor brazil result will exacerbate the anti-wc protests/sentiments in Brazil. So expect all 50-50 and some dubious calls in their favour, ensuring them a ticket to the finals.

So we can just cancel the damn thing & gift Brazil the WC already Z....

There will be an increasing hate for the Brazilian team if this shit continues

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
So we can just cancel the damn thing & gift Brazil the WC already Z....

There will be an increasing hate for the Brazilian team if this shit continues

No wonder FIFA want the next two world cups held in Russia and Qatar. Gift them the world cup and stop the protests!!!!!!!!

Nobel Peace Prize for Mr Blatter!!

BarcaGirl

Gary Lineker ‏@GaryLineker · 31m
It's a tight call for Brazil's man of the match between Neymar and the Referee.

:lol:

Chainsaw

Killahead
I hated Brazil a long time ago. Not bothering myself with what happened in this one match. Nothing unexpected here after all. A long way to go and we sure as hell are going to see more of this. Even when Brazil was not a host they had Havelange to smooth their way to the final. Now that they are the host, you could not expect anything less.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
That was some godawful refereeing. Bunch of nonsense and a horrible start to the WC.

Croatia throwing away Modric and specially Rakitic talents by playing them so defensively. Get a proper DM and sit down that 20 year old Kovacic who is not ready to be a WC feature just yet.

BBZ8800

Yeah, disappointing. I hate gifts like that penal. Thing is brasil can get one of spain/chile/netherlands right in the 1/8. They can leave as soon as that.

Look, Brazil needed to win the opening match.
Billions of dollars were invested.
You have riots in all cities.

If Brazilian team would get into troubles already after the first match, a lot of Billions would be lost theoretically.
Also, riots would be even larger because the money was invested for nothing (return would be lower with Brazil out too soon.)

So, the safest thing is:
= if Brazil can win on their own=awesome
= if they need some help=Fifa and referees are here

Brazil is almost through now, they won't need help anymore in group stage. In 1/8, they will get a new portion of help, if needed with some red card, 11m and similar.

A lot of money is invested in the World cup, that is a huge business.
The hosts need to stay in the tournament as longest as possible.

V

voodoomaster

Wasnt impressed at all of Brasil. Neymar had a good first goal and a bad penalty and that was about it. Oscar was the only one who played well. Croatia were robbed. Sad.

Home of Barca Fans