Adam Lallana

Dave Saves

He's a very un-English English midfielder. I like him but let's see how he makes the step up and fits into the Liverpool system. He's a likeable guy, have to find a way to start disliking him ;)

EdmondDantes

What's the point of this guy?

I don't see how any scout could have been lured to signing him at all, let alone for £25 million.

No pace and very immobile, very weak physically, mediocre technique, plays with his head down and has no stamina. He was the most subbed player in the Premier League last season. I don't get it, when players like Griezmann went for £19 million or Firmino who would have gone for a similar fee, I don't see why anyone would shell out that much for such a non entity of a player. He's been anonymous everytime I watched Liverpool this season, literally invisible.

I don't mind players going for that much money as long as their talent warrants it, but while I'm paying over 90 quid for Sky/BT Sport a month and ~50 quid a ticket for a game, all for clubs to waste their money on players like him. It's insane.

What's even more annoying is that he's the type of player who never gets criticised by the pundits because "he's a local lad" while certain other players get chastised when they put half a foot wrong.

Anyway; he's 27 in two months, so not much foreseeable improvement in his game.

Jenks

Immobile? No stamina? Mediocre technique? Are you sure you're watching the right player?

EdmondDantes

Immobile? No stamina? Mediocre technique? Are you sure you're watching the right player?

No doubt. Southampton laughed all the way to the bank on that one. Anything over £7 million for him is daylight robbery.

Ha has no pace, no acceleration. Moves like a headless chicken and Scott Parker pirouettes do not constitute "great technique". And as I said above, he was the most substituted player in the Premier League last season for a reason, the little he offers expires around the 60 minute mark.

XaviMessiGirl

Anyway I'm not so harsh on him as you are, keep in mind that any English player automatically doubles his true value just for being English. The biggest problem I've found is inconsistency, he has been anonymous at times but he has shown quality at times as well.

red dragon2

he has 'latin' technique, which is a big deal for the english, even their most gifted players like gerrard and rooney are quite 'british' in style. Lallana has a nice touch, and that's about it, his game as a whole isn't very good.

I don't see how any scout could have been lured to signing him at all, let alone for £25 million.

It's that Suarez transfer money :barca scarf:

Was supposed to be a blessing, so far it's been a curse for Liverpool. Tbh it could've been a lot worse, but they should've replaced Suarez with another WC player instead of trading quality for quantity.

Home of Barca Fans