Seamus Coleman

Jenks

One of those players that if he were called "Colinho" then everyone would be raving about him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
How is he doing this season? Was awesome last season, but not followed Everton for a while now.

Adversus

How is he doing this season? Was awesome last season, but not followed Everton for a while now.
He got a hamstring injury at the start of the season and has been slowly improving with every game and just getting back to the same kind of level as last season. Almost scored the winner against Liverpool at the weekend. I think LVG is very interested in Coleman however he recently signed a new contract so it would take a big bid, probably 20m-25m.

However Everton in general haven't been as strong. Teams have doubled up on their full backs preventing them pushing forward as much as last year and they've been lacking someone that can create chances for them plus they've been very unlucky with injuries. A bit of 2nd season syndrome for Martinez but as with Coleman things are starting to turn around now they've got most of their first team back.

EdmondDantes

I don't rate him that much, I think Everton or teams that hover round top 5 to 7th are just about his level. He's 27 this year so there will not be any significant improvement I don't think. Good player, but not top bracket.

Adversus

I don't rate him that much, I think Everton or teams that hover round top 5 to 7th are just about his level. He's 27 this year so there will not be any significant improvement I don't think. Good player, but not top bracket.

As an Everton fan I don't necessarily disagree however I'm just saying that's what I think has been reported that it would cost Utd. It will all depend on whether Utd get into the UCL. There's also a chance Everton might get into the UCL and if that happens I think Coleman would stay - he has a lot of loyalty to the club and the fans.

Last edited:

DonAK

He got a hamstring injury at the start of the season and has been slowly improving with every game and just getting back to the same kind of level as last season. Almost scored the winner against Liverpool at the weekend. I think LVG is very interested in Coleman however he recently signed a new contract so it would take a big bid, probably 20m-25m.

However Everton in general haven't been as strong. Teams have doubled up on their full backs preventing them pushing forward as much as last year and they've been lacking someone that can create chances for them plus they've been very unlucky with injuries. A bit of 2nd season syndrome for Martinez but as with Coleman things are starting to turn around now they've got most of their first team back.

Thanks! :)

If we don't get Danilo then I think we should look towards Coleman. I know that he'll be 27 next year, but I think he can do a really good job at Barca.

I disagree. Coleman has showed a very high level at both sides of the pitch and dominated. Some players are late bloomers or just not noticed until later and Coleman IMO is one of those players.

Butaan4barca

Thanks! :)

If we don't get Danilo then I think we should look towards Coleman. I know that he'll be 27 next year, but I think he can do a really good job at Barca.

I disagree. Coleman has showed a very high level at both sides of the pitch and dominated. Some players are late bloomers or just not noticed until later and Coleman IMO is one of those players.

i wanted him , but now i think we should focus only on getting back home, hector.

DonAK

Could Coleman be a good option for us?

Come on people. Join me in the Seamus Coleman fan club.

J

Jamie Cal

Could Coleman be a good option for us?

Come on people. Join me in the Seamus Coleman fan club.

I'm a huge fan. Granted I don't see Danilo a lot, but he's my number one pick. And now that Everton are a mess, I don't think they can keep him if United (or anyone else) comes knocking.

I love that quality he has of arriving on time. A lot of the issue with our current RB in attack is that he's there too early, it slows the momentum, becomes stagnant, have to recycle. Seamie arrives like a wrecking ball and has the dribbling ability and engine to boot. Would grab with both hands.

L

linetty

Is he really that good? I've never seen him play or I'm just unaware I did. :lol:

Various opinions on here.

Home of Barca Fans