After signing ter Stegen, would you sign another GK, or trust Masip as 2nd gk?

What would you do?

• Total voters
Before anyone brings up a "what if MATS gets injured," we can sign a la liga GK mid-season if that happens.

As for getting someone like Reina, Caballero or maybe Navas to help ease TS in, I'm leaning towards not getting anyone, but I wouldn't mind that much if we do get someone. 2 good GKs works for RM, so it could work for us.

If we do get another GK, Caballero would probably be the best choice.

Last edited:

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
I wouldn't like the idea of having two inexperienced keepers in the squad. I'd like to sign an experienced back-up, just in case. To be honest, I don't know Masip well, so maybe I'm too cautious.

Ursegor

World Champion
Navas is way too good to sit on the bench. He's also quite young. If Atletico lose Courtois he should go there.

Willy will be 33 this year. Would make more sense to get him as he might want to win a few trophies in his twilight years. There is no perspective for him at Malaga.

I don't see the point in developing Masip. He is already 25 and waaay too short. But if he gets chosen as 2nd choice that's also okay. How many times does a GK get long-term injured anyway? :valdes:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Mats is still a gamble. 2 quality goalkeepers worked for Real, so why not for us? I'd like to see Reina back, he's a likable character and is still alright + I have no doubt he'd up his game once he'd return to his home club.

I feel similarly and considering Reina has been linked to the club for more than a year, probably strong interest from the player as well....Those rumours have since died down, presumably due to either his wages or the fee Liverpool were looking for...or because he wasn't looking to be a mentor but first choice...Whomever is brought in, and I do think a capable veteran is needed to platoon with Mats, they would have to understand they would be accepting a secondary, albeit crucial, role like Pinto has had

I like both Willy & Navas for all the obvious reasons but will they want to be an understudy?...Nothing can unravel a young keeper's confidence like having a La Liga vet pushing to play ahead of him...This too, I wager, Zubi has a good feel for what/whom will work well

Galning

I would sign Willy so hard. (I couldn't resist).

But seriously though... Willy is an awesome goalkeeper. If we'd be able to get him for cheap that would be an immense steal.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I would sign Willy so hard. (I couldn't resist).

But seriously though... Willy is an awesome goalkeeper. If we'd be able to get him for cheap that would be an immense steal.

But Willy playing second fiddle would be an increadible injustice. We need a Pinto, Schwarzer type keeper in his twilight good enough to fill in the role from the bench not someone that would be a starter in most top clubs

ebieymjunior

Caballero (Malaga): "Barça want experienced keeper? That's what I'm reading, but many have that profile. If they call, we'll think about it" Barcastuff

Caballero (Malaga): "I'm reading a lot of things, it would be an honour to play for Barça, but there has been no contact for now." [ser] Barcastuff

Home of Barca Fans