How many signings does Barcelona need at this point?

How many new players do we need to sign this summer (not including loaned players)?

• Less then 3

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 3-5 new signings

Votes: 37 45.1%
  • At least 6

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • 7 signings

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • 8-10 arrivals

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • > 10 signings

Votes: 8 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Minimum 5 signings:

1 GK, 1 CB, 1 RB, 1 CM and 1 FW.

Ideally 8 signings.

Tack on backup GK, backup CDM, additional CB.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
1/2 GKs - Depends on how good Masip is
1 FB - Someone for the future to rotate with Montoya once Dani retires
1 CB - Obviously

I wouldn't bring in any mids because we already have Song (inb4 reaction gifs) and we'll bring back Rafinha, up top I think we're good, Alexis or Neymar or even Pedro (maybe Dongou as well) can play centrally if we need too, if we do get Enrique and he is great at getting our players in form like Rafinha then Tello will probably be good once again, maybe he could even get Cuenca and Afellay playing at a decent level. As usual, overreaction from everyone imo.

Djab

1 GK: Who is ter Stegen.
2 CBs: This is a tough choice. It's better to go for Benatia and Laporte. But we most probably buy Luiz or no one.
1 Rb: If Alves is a goner we should buy one or promote one. There is a real shortage of world class Right Backs.
2 MFs: Kroos and an AMF or promote Denis or get Rafinha back.
1 F: A mobile attacker who can move and is considerably fast and can play in wings even.

But we will just buy Stegen. :zubi:

Cule4life

The Culest
5-6 signings

1 GK: MaTS (+Masip)
1/2 CB: Benatia (+Laporte but that wont happen. So im expecting only one signing)
1 RB: De Sciglio/Aurier/Danilo
1 Strong Box to Box MF: Gundogan/Pogba/Vidal (Maybe Kroos)
1 CF or CF/Winger hybrid: Aguero/Suarez/Ciro Immobile

Gaudi

I don't understand many fans obsession with Barca philosophy and tiki taka yet they want 5 or more signigs. How can you expect from thoose players who were developed somewhere else to play only Barca's way?
At the other hand it has to be said, La Masia is great but it's becoming a bit mithological without good reason. When Pep came he created this La Masia team but actually he added Busi and Pedro, rest were already there. Later Tello, Montoya and so on were introduced but they were all squad players. We must be realistic Busi is 87. I belive and that is the last important player for us, not a squad player. Our backbone was 3 magicians in Messi, Andres and Xavi, but those happen rarely, especially in same time.
Is anyone willing to bet their house Suarez, Rafinha, Delofeou, Munir and so on are gping to be equally magical?

footyfan

Calma, calma
I don't understand many fans obsession with Barca philosophy and tiki taka yet they want 5 or more signigs.

5 or more signings is not really as drastic as it seems. This summer transfer window is really equivalent to 2 transfer windows. You have to plan for Xavi's impending retirement and Alves' departure right away as you might not have a chance in 2015. Just in the starting 11, Barca are going to need a goalie, a right back, a centre back, a midfielder and a forward. That's 5 players right there. More importantly though, Barca need to strengthen their entire squad, not just the starting 11. Who did Barca have this season on the bench to rescue them when they were struggling? Tello, Pedro and Song? lol.

Barca really need a revolution but that doesn't mean they need to deviate from their philosophy or their La Masia roots. When Pep made his in 2008, he had 5 non La-Masia starters (Alves, Abidal, Toure, Henry, Eto'o) and 2 players (Marquez and Keita) who played as many games as Puyol and Iniesta.

Here's Pep's first 2 transfer windows.

2008/09:

24nirfb.png

2009/10:

fencl0.png

BarçAjax8

As usual, overreaction from everyone imo.

Not totally true. There is some dead weight (Song, JDS, Afellay etc) that we can afford to offload.

5 or more signings is not really as drastic as it seems. This summer transfer window is really equivalent to 2 transfer windows. You have to plan for Xavi's impending retirement and Alves' departure right away as you might not have a chance in 2015. Just in the starting 11, Barca are going to need a goalie, a right back, a centre back, a midfielder and a forward. That's 5 players right there. More importantly though, Barca need to strengthen their entire squad, not just the starting 11. Who did Barca have this season on the bench to rescue them when they were struggling? Tello, Pedro and Song? lol.

Barca really need a revolution but that doesn't mean they need to deviate from their philosophy or their La Masia roots. When Pep made his in 2008, he had 5 non La-Masia starters (Alves, Abidal, Toure, Henry, Eto'o) and 2 players (Marquez and Keita) who played as many games as Puyol and Iniesta.

+1
We need to revitalize the squad and it's possible to do so without changing our style. We just need management that has a plan & vision. Getting rid of Eusebio from Barcelona B was a step in the right direction. Lucho did a great job with the bare minimum at Celta. It will be nice to see what he can do with our squad and with a proper transfer window.

Last edited:

Gaudi

Well I agree but even 3 signings are changing the squad if they are main players, backbone players...you can then put 20 La Masia squad players around them it will be different football.
I don't mind signings, not at all, I actually belive this kind of thing (multipple magicans in same time from school) happens rarely and we might have to wait for some time for another generations like that (or situation as they were not all same generation) but Gundagon for example is used to play higher tempo direct game...even our kid Cesc looks out of place sometimes in our squad

Alarcón

ter Stegen, Benatia, Laporte, some RB and Pjanic and I'm already very, very happy. A striker and possibly another midfielder (e.g. Óliver) and I'll reserve a special place in my heart for Zubi, at least for 1 year

Richard.H

4 new signings:
2 GK's (technically 1 since we already signed Ter Stegen)
1 CB
1 forward or winger

I say we shouldn't sign anyone for mid since rafinha will be returning

Home of Barca Fans