Martino leaves Barca after one season

Doobs

The Messiah
You know your tactics are shit when Dani Alves is crossing to target man Messi. No wonder Messi looks so pissed nowadays.

Tata was a nice man and wish him the best, but he was way in over his head.

M

maxmss

Tough to be a coach when Xavi is coaching. Lucho will change that in a hurry.

Xavi is coaching because he played enough to understand that the tactic will not work at Barca. Anyways the whole Xavi thing is just a speculation and there's no hard evidence to that. But miscalculations pretty common under Tata. Let's just remember CL game against Atletico. Good coach, not good for Barca.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Xavi is coaching because he played enough to understand that the tactic will not work at Barca. Anyways the whole Xavi thing is just a speculation and there's no hard evidence to that. But miscalculations pretty common under Tata. Let's just remember CL game against Atletico. Good coach, not good for Barca.

I agree, thank god for Xavi. Unfortunately, it looks like Martino won that battle with him, but Barca lost the war in the process.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
It's hard to coach and bring a different style of play if everything and anything is against you. If Tata was given full freedom, who knows what would've happend. First half of the season there weren't or almost no useless Dani crosses. Something must have happend. But what? We don't. Tata does.

M

maxmss

It's hard to coach and bring a different style of play if everything and anything is against you. If Tata was given full freedom, who knows what would've happend. First half of the season there weren't or almost no useless Dani crosses. Something must have happend. But what? We don't. Tata does.
I can tell what happened: when you pull the players away from what they used to do- they get confused, they are slowly losing their best skills, they are not used to new style, confidence falls and it creates confusion. You cannot change Barca playing style with existing players. Only way it will work-you need to bring completely new players.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
First, sincere thanks to Tata for trying to bring this team back to the glory days.

With that aside, I'm relieved to hear that he is not our coach anymore.

And Sunyol, why you say that? I've heard that he was too stubborn to listen to anyone around him and was more of a "my way or the highway" type of guy and this led to disagreement between him and the players.

That is exactly what I am saying. He came with a clear vision to how he wanted to team to play without taking into consideration the team that he inherited and the philosophy that makes Barca what it is. The senior players tried to warn him but he would not listen, even going as far as benching Xavi for the last two games (both of which we drew by the way). So he might be a nice guy (although how people know this without having met him I don't know) but I am sure glad he has pissed off. I don't particularly wish him well in the future either to be honest.

And that is my last post about him ever. Big sigh of relief.

Galning

That is exactly what I am saying. He came with a clear vision to how he wanted to team to play without taking into consideration the team that he inherited and the philosophy that makes Barca what it is. The senior players tried to warn him but he would not listen, even going as far as benching Xavi for the last two games (both of which we drew by the way). So he might be a nice guy (although how people know this without having met him I don't know) but I am sure glad he has pissed off. I don't particularly wish him well in the future either to be honest.

And that is my last post about him ever. Big sigh of relief.

Fully agree besides the part of not wishing him well. I don't really care to be honest, if he does well: good for him. If he doesn't: don't care.

Home of Barca Fans