Martino leaves Barca after one season

Nior

A shame it didn't work out with Tata - I had high hopes for him at the beginning of the season! I guess it's for the best though to separate now than keeping him for another year.
Wondering who will join now...

ebieymjunior

Thank you Tata. It was one of the most difficult seasons the club has ever had, you hardly had time to adapt, and the pressure at times was disgraceful. We didn't win, but we fought nobly and though it's a trophyless season, the club has far worse ones in terms of results. Though we're not happy with the season, I'm sure most cules would join me in wishing you good luck and success in the future. You are a class act.

Yes, good luck to him. Stay classy!

ryuken

I dont think I saw any matches that we fought nobly like you said after we got crash out of CL and lost the Copa.

mittchan82

He was a stubborn idiot totally out of his depth.

First, sincere thanks to Tata for trying to bring this team back to the glory days.

With that aside, I'm relieved to hear that he is not our coach anymore.

And Sunyol, why you say that? I've heard that he was too stubborn to listen to anyone around him and was more of a "my way or the highway" type of guy and this led to disagreement between him and the players.

FC B

I fear anyone thinking all our problems will be solved with Enrique will be due a wake up call. The problems run deeper than just the manager.

Good luck Tata, another time, another team, who knows. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him.

Agreed !

slvtn

Thanks, Tata and good (/more) luck for the future.

Being second in the league is a lucky thing after several bad performances. I don't blame Tata for that as many reasons come together and he couldn't influence all of them.
Overall, having no title this season might be the right thing to make some major changes that are necessary.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Thanks for owning Real in two clásicos, highlights of the season for me. Other than that, best of luck. Would be happy to see him successful in Europe in the future.

ceefoo

Good luck to you Tata! You seem like a decent guy and have conducted yourself with dignity in some very difficult moments... But those crosses?! :facepalm:

Yesterday was the final proof he should never have been appointed FC Barcelona Head-Coach in the first place. (Even if we had won La Liga on the final day, he would've still been the wrong choice).

He could never comprehend what made Barça the exceptional team it was. He tried to change the essence of the team and push towards a more direct, individualistic approach, not realising that we didn't have the players to play that way. He never embraced the Barça philosophy.

In the 6 games against Atletico Madrid he stubbornly or naively persisted with the same failed tactics expecting to garner a different result.

:beer2: Here's to a new chapter, and hopefully under Luis Enrique, Barça can get back to being Barça.

mittchan82

I fear anyone thinking all our problems will be solved with Enrique will be due a wake up call. The problems run deeper than just the manager.

Good luck Tata, another time, another team, who knows. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him.

Problem is deeper, I agree. Mainly the board and Zubi, Mr. Clueless. Also, we need to start thinking of "rebuilding" the team. Already we screwed up by letting Thiago go and spending all that cash on Neymar (maybe he didn't get proper chance to shine under Tata and his tactics).
It's going to be a long long summer for us.

Gaudi

The big question is will the structural change come from inside (La Masia: in Rafinha, Suarez, Munir, Delofeu...etc.) or will go on a buying spree

dakt

Who ever comes after him will not have a easy task. Game has to be built from ground up...and also deal with Messi's poor performance. Hard job, but this team needs a strong hand.

Good luck Tata!

fcbdna

Banned
The big question is will the structural change come from inside (La Masia: in Rafinha, Suarez, Munir, Delofeu...etc.) or will go on a buying spree

I will go on a buying spree to settle things down. . . Then add some La Masia grads after that, and some more next season.

Home of Barca Fans