Best position for Messi

Were woud you use Messi?

• Total voters
F

Flavia

"2nd striker, diamond 4-4-2 or other 2 striker systems" this is not clear to me... Is he one of the 2, or behind the strikers?

jamrock

behind the striker, or as one in a two man system.
I have been suggesting the diamond from way back, but no one listen, it seems to be in fashion now

------Busquets---xavi/iniesta

---Iniesta---Messi----Neymar

-------------CF

or

------------Busquets

------Boxtoboxplayer---Xavi

-----------Iniesta

------Messi----CF.

lastly

---Saurez---Messi--Neymar

he can play the false 9 hear because suarez will play as a inside forward

I

instinct

I voted central attacking midfielder. IMO he should play behind a striker. Like I suggested in the Enrique thread a partnership with Neymar behind a striker would be my most preferred choice.

serghei

Yea, but let's put up some names on the board. What striker? Are we talking somebody like Dzeko or Mandzukic, or someone like Aguero?

I

instinct

Yea, but let's put up some names on the board. What striker? Are we talking somebody like Dzeko or Mandzukic, or someone like Aguero?

Agüero type. The best would be Suarez. Both are technical gifted and Suarez provided a ridiculous amount of assists and has an insane finish. He'd be my top-choice. Of course this is only my desire.

serghei

994418_FC_Barcelona.jpg

Like this? CAM Behind Neymar-Aguero duo up front. Could also appear as a striker when neymar and Agero drift outside of the center and make room for him.

I

instinct

Nah, I'd use exactly the same formation I suggested in the Luis Enrique thread however I'd exchanged Cesc with Vidal, a box-to-box midfielder who is strong in both defence and attack

994428_FC_Barcelona.jpg

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Ideally you want at least 1 good dynamic scorer infront of him. Doesn't necessarily need to be a CF, it could be a scoring winger with the skills and capability to slot in the middle during games and drags CBs off Messi.

You can still keep the 4-3-3 formation with Messi in the middle, but get two wing-forwards who are more than capable of being CF, like the Eto'o/Henry partnership was.

With Eto'o/Henry you had:

Henry----Messi----Eto'o formation that could quickly change into:

Henry----Eto'o-----Messi or:

----Henry---Eto'o-----
-------Messi--------

That's the flexibility needed.

With Neymar now taking the role of Henry (he still needs to mature into that role), you just need an Eto'o type of dynamic forward capable of playing through the wing as well as the middle.

So the:

Neymar----Messi-----Dynamic CF formation can quickly change into:

Neymar-----Dynamic CF-----Messi or:

----Neymar---Dynamic CF----
---------Messi------- or even still:

----Messi----Dynamic CF-----
--------Neymar--------

Home of Barca Fans